Heritage Quest Helper

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Actoro, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Actoro New Member

Hello to all, I'm a returning player after a 5 year absence.

Whatever happened to the Heritage Quest Helper that used to be displayed on a separate tab of the Quest Journal Window ? I found that tab to be extremely helpful, and wondered if anyone had maintained the UI over the years to include the new expacs. It used to list, and display, step by step instructions on every Heritage Quest, plus the location and names of various mobs / npc's, and saved an awful lot of time ATL TAB'ing to Explorer to check some quest website.

I checked EQ2Interface, but the closest I can find is a UI piece dating back to 2005 and which doesn't seem to include more than the original 20 HQ's. Can't seem to find a UI Piece for the Quest Window which lists all of the current HQ's and their individual quest parts.

Anyone got any ideas?
  2. din ohtar Member

there was a seperate HQ tab ? from memory, you could sort by categories in the quest section to group the HQs.

these day I sort my quests by zones, and ignore the HQs. The reqwards are terrible for the time involved, and I prefer tradeskill rush orders, or killing names, to generate status for the guild.
  3. mague Active Member

You can skip ALT-TAB with /browser now. You can define a base URL in the options. ZAM or eq2.wikia.com for example.

Otherwise the journal only saves certain storylines *after* you did them.
  4. flameweaver Well-Known Member

There is a more up to date - but still out of date - version of InfoCenter on the DrumsUI portal on eq2interface, although I'm sure if it will work with the standard or other custom UI's.

As mague says above using the ingamer browser (or if you have a second monitor, your favourite windows browser) and point it at http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Heritage_Quests_Timeline will provide you with the relevant info.