Duplicate Heritage Hunt rewards no longer stack

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Elostirion, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Good morning.

The daily Overseer quest: Heritage Hunt awards a crate. These crates change every so often, and they did so recently, going from Dwarven to Vah Shir. Whenever this happens, same-named items from the crate, such as potions or ingots, wont stack with ones earned from previous crates. This is inconvenient and probably due to different item ID's for items from the different crates. This could stand some attention because if you do have a multiplicity of Blackened Iron Ingots in the db for each kind of crate, by now that could be a performance issue.

That's not this thread though.

Blackened Iron ingots, for example, earned from the Vah Shir crate from the Heritage Hunt daily overseer quest, dont even stack with each other anymore. i.e. same item from same crate. The reducer potions seem to (not) work the same way but it is less obvious as those are earned more slowly. Barding unlockers seem to work.

Given that there is specific text on the items saying you can/should save them for server bonuses, it doesnt seem that they are intended to be inconvenient to store until such a rare event, so it doesnt seem that it is intended for them to quickly flood a bank, i.e. it seems they are still intended to stack.

If you take the time to look at that part of it, consider taking time to make it so ingots (and reducer potions, etc) from different crates can stack with each other, as that might have the benefit of taking some load from the DB.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Gah. Didnt connect the several other threads with different names this issue. This is a duplicate, the issue has been covered. Sorry
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Gelenor Well-Known Member

confirmed by me..and for dup post whihc I missed