Here is the EoF AA Mystic System !

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by ARCHIVED-|theboss|, Nov 8, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-icetower Guest

It's every 4 seconds.

I'm guessing this guy is mixing up the "your oberon barrier regenerates" part with the "your oberon barrier absorbs" part. Anyway thats the only way I can think of that he gets his "1.5 seconds" claim.

Lets get real here. The previous calculations are accurate.- This AA will allow 427 hp/s vs 316 hp/s at the cost of doing nothing else!!. It's ok, not uber by a long shot, but ok.

Foretelling gets an increase of 160 hps and Mammoth increase stamina to about 100.

Again, we got 1 good AA, a small handful of useful ones, and a large handful of crap.

Not happy here.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kaharthemad Guest

we had a wizzy that liked Nova a little too much. he would grab aggro from the meatshield then run in cirlces around the party while the mobs he upset beat on him screaming "Heal me!!! Got Aggro!!!"

We sued to forget to heal him too will we found Torpor works for a fast heal...however is slows him down enough for the mobs to eat him. But hey atleast I heal him now.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kaharthemad Guest

For soloing the melee line is ok. I duo alot with my wife and it comes in handy. However I too am not real thrilled with the spell lines they gave us. I feel cheated. As for Oberon, its a good spell but I dont use it as much as some shammys do.
  4. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Well Boss, every time you reply you keep digging that hole deeper man.

Your numbers are wrong. Dead. Flat. Wrong. I'm sorry. You are clearly confusing your absorbs with regeneration ticks. Look at the LOGS. Not what pops up over the mobs head.

This is what it looks like in the logs:

(1148524774)[Wed May 24 22:39:34 2006] Sudedor's Oberon Barrier regenerates 855 points of absorption.
    (1148524775)[Wed May 24 22:39:35 2006] YOUR Oberon Barrier absorbs 855 points of damage from being done to Exile
    (1148524778)[Wed May 24 22:39:38 2006] Sudedor's Oberon Barrier regenerates 855 points of absorption.

Now, that is NOT 2565 points of healing. It's 855. The only Ward/Heal was the line in the middle. In combat, looking at my target, it would appear as three 855's . . . but it only healed ONCE.

Chain healing provides greater HP/s over 36 seconds than Oberon does. There is absolutely no way to argue any differently and not look foolish.

Yes, there are most definitely situations where Oberon can and should be used, it simply isn't the strongest heal ever. Sorry.
  5. ARCHIVED-Merrygrin Guest

Could someone please explain the DPS line to me?
    At first glance it only looks as if our normal nukes/dots have been replaced by CA versions of them. Where is the benefit in this (apart from casting while running)? What is it about the DPS line that increases my damage output (apart from the one that gives us back our bear proc)? Or are they just there to give us something to spend points on to unlock later abilities?
    [Edit] This post vame out all whiney sounding. Was not my intent, I'm just curios to know if I missed something when I read it.
    Message Edited by Merrygrin on 11-10-2006 05:07 PM
    Message Edited by Merrygrin on 11-10-2006 06:00 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Birn Guest

Theboss:

Casting all those debuffs/wards/etc takes over 20seconds so you can never let oberon run out before you need to reapply some debuffs and with the insane 2min 30 recast of oberon you cannot start over the chain and as mentioned above, it regens every 4 seconds so it's not that great.
    I use oberon like a small emergency heal, if I'm "out" of heals and then I can use oberon to get another 2k but I always end up cancelling it before it runs out. Very situational.
  7. ARCHIVED-|theboss| Guest

Im not going to explain again think what u want .... but any debuff is up more than 20+36 seconds man ... so i dont understand u .... and again im not speaking about the hps of oberon ... im speaking about the hps that u get during 36 secs if u use well oberon ... anyway im not going to speak about this anymore .... think what u want .... i will go on using it cuz no one get a better hps than me during that ... (and im not in a casual guild ....) ok thats all ....

----------------------------------------

DPS LINE --> read the spells u get them in REMPLACE of current ones ... so u must forget all of your actual smites and dots and use these ones instead ....
    What u get doing this line is :

- Less cast time
    - More Damage
    - Melee proc with bear form (the same they remove in the same spell time ago ... :( )
    - Far more recast time

Globally that means u will be able to do nearly the same dps as now in KoS but spending a lot of AA's .... so useless at all .... anyway they will change it to be at least quite better than our actual dps .... otherway no mystic will choose that line ... even solo players ....
  8. ARCHIVED-ShadowyStingray Guest

Are CA's subject to the same interrupt possibilities as spells are? For some reason I'm thinking CA's aren't interruptible, so is this a possible reason for their inclusion/replacement of the existing damage spells, so that soloing will be a little less frustrating (at least from the interrupt factor)? Just guessing on the logic behind their inclusion since it seems strange especially since they replace and don't augment the existing damage spells...
  9. ARCHIVED-Birn Guest

Shrieking haze, Lethargy, Eidolon are on a 36s duration.
  10. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

They are interruptable, but because they have such a fast cast time (typically .5 seconds), the likelihood of them being interrupted is proportionally lower.
  11. ARCHIVED-Vulking Guest

I think one of the primary benefits of Oberon is that you are not burning power while it is up, and infact can regen it thru hearts, shards, manastones, etc. I tend to use it when i want to protect the mt, but also get some power back after
  12. ARCHIVED-Mystique Guest

Our new achievements pretty much suck. What's good mostly benefits someone else, like a tank, and particularly a tank in your own group because Ancestry and Immunization can't be used accross your raid. Some of you still second fiddle MT group choice to your guild's Defiler? Yeah, me too!

The resurrection line has been improved over what it was originally, believe it or not. Maxed out to get the final ability, which is a PBAE rez of up to 8 targets around you, you end up with rez spells giving 15% more health and power to the target, rez cast times reduced by 50% (which only seemed to knock the 10 and 4 second cast spells down to 6.67 and 2.27, respectively) and rez distance boosted to 50 meters.
    All of these are indeed decent changes to spells nobody likes to waste time casting, but they're not worth the points required, and I'd be happier seeing enhancements to MYSTIC spells, not crap every priest has.

The buff enhancement line gives pretty lackluster returns all the way down. 15% more HP on Foretelling....yay...it's still nowhere near the HP Rapacity gives, and any tank that's successfully kept aggro when his power has run out will tell you, he'd always pick HP over power. More run speed to sow....great...I'll just go sell my horse whistle right now! Huh uh, no. Horses are getting a facelift and they look better than ever! And not to mention fall damage has been reduced all around on beta, dare I say halved, so adding it to a short duration buff doesn't really impress.
    They're also making us spend 5 points to get our melee proc back on the Ursine line. Some of us remember when it was part of that buff. It wasn't overpowering or inappropriate then, and it isn't going to give us the much needed DPS boost we need now.
    Next up is reduced recast on Umbral Attendant...do people use this spell? I do only when I need a heal and am just too lazy to target myself. It's not like anyone else in my group will be close enough to get healed with it.
    The increased stamina on Spirit of the Mammoth used to be a reduced recast enhancement for Prophetic Aegis. Call me crazy but THAT achievement I LIKED. Some of the hardest events in the game currently make good use of this spell, and with the recast reduction you could keep this ward up perpetually. Pretty powerful in a FEW encounters, and quite frankly I'd take it over a bit more sta. It's gonna take a lot more than 27 sta to take high end geared players out of the hump their capped stats are in to the point where buffing up stats makes a real difference.

Avatar getting int and wis will just further my inclination to cast it on myself as I have been doing for several months now. Nobody else needs it, I took whatever extra avoidance I could get :smileytongue:. Oberon, well, seems there's been enough discussion about that already, and as usual Banditman is right. It's not a great use of otherwise available time and power. A 35% increase in its ward sure as hell doesn't make it 1k every second or two seconds or whatever that nonsense was. 3075 base, 1538 (half the base, in case someone wasn't aware of how it worked) every 4 seconds. Worked like a charm while those 4 green solo mobs were beating me for my test.

Next is an extra 10 seconds on Bolster at max rank. Not too shabby, considering that at first it was 5 seconds! Every raiding mystic uses this spell whenever possible I'm sure, so points are well spent if they must go somewhere in this mess. Finally at the end of this line is Ancestry, sadly nerfed from 5% down to a 3% increase on proc rates. I'll be keeping this on myself thank you very much, more Fitzpitzle procs, more Marr's Blessing and yes, more Ursine Bear Claws!

This post is entirely too long as it is. I'll have to continue my take on the rest of the Mystic Achievements some other time. Cheers.
  13. ARCHIVED-povarbeast Guest

Oberon barrier see very little use when I raid, if it was a raid wide spell then maybe it would actually be usefull.
  14. ARCHIVED-predelta Guest

=( ...Defilers get some nifty ones...

D*mn them!

And as far as the hps stuff goes... I wish I had those numbers.

MoA4 Raid top three heals..
    Allies: (39:31) 1373132 | 579.14
    Carita 511911 | 215.91 - Me. Uhm? I want like 600hps.
    Ashinae 249928 | 105.41
    Mendy 136782 | 57.69
    Message Edited by predelta on 11-11-2006 07:12 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-Specteral Guest

Yeah, know what you mean predelta. I'm half the healers in the raid and 99% have the highest hps on the parse, but its really rare I break 400 and generally I'm only in the 250 range. Then again, we're taking on some x4 stuff with 9 to 11 people (labs trash is fun with 11, lol), so the 5k dps we maintain means the battles are longer which theoretically cuts the hps. Ah well.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the new AA's. One question fer you hardcore raiders, what's the reccomended makeup? Does the ward component on the cures warrent them, or is it better to max out the buffs line?

Oh, and any major changes to the other oldschool lines? I got the pet immunity and working on the crit heals, figured those were probably best.
    Message Edited by Specteral on 11-11-2006 08:37 AM
  16. ARCHIVED-Thatdumbguy Guest

They changed again last night. The tree is rearranged and a couple of abilities have changed, Ill get screenshots soon.
  17. ARCHIVED-Mystique Guest

^^ Yep, at least now we have enough abilities in the resurrection section to even get the final ability after they made the change to requiring 20 points spent. Now we have a whopping 6 rez achievements including cast time reduction, recast reduction, range, power cost reduction, hp/power replenishment increase, and the final PBAE rez spell.

Oh and the buff achievements were rearranged a bit, plus, the Spirit of the Mammoth achievement icon was actually replaced with the spell icon for Prophetic Aegis, for some reason, which was taken out, for some reason. I think someone did that just for me :smileyindifferent:.

Speaking from a high end raid perspective here. I'd like to know the reasoning behind giving a class that is both solidly - above all else - a primary healer and debuffer, 12 areas of point sinks into rezing and meleeing. We get ONE achievement that has anything to do with healing, on a spell that's barely used, and ZERO achievements affecting our debuffs. Somebody make some sense of that to me, because I can't find any.
  18. ARCHIVED-Thatdumbguy Guest

To tell you straight up Mystique, after betabuffing a defiler up and looking at their achievements...

If they don't seriously give us a boost in ours, I'm going to betray. This is the last straw. I love this class, but I love successful raiding for my guild more then anything.
  19. ARCHIVED-icetower Guest

I'm in the same boat.

There is one reason only that I haven't betrayed, and that is because we already have a Defiler who is also an officer with 100% raid attendance, who does a ton of stuff for the guild and fully deserves his permanent raidspot. And since all our other Mystics quit the game (I wonder why) we need a raid geared Mystic more than another Defiler.

So I raid on this char and that is all he is used for.

I genuinely believe that Mystic is now squarely ranked worst overall amongst priest classes. We simply have too much rubbish amongst our spells and AA.

Too much stuff we never use, too many poorly thought out secondary effects, cast times too slow (my mage has no spells that even come close to our group ward cast time), no crowd control, weakest dps in the entire game, no spells that can still be cast when stunned/stifled, a stupidly conceived weak pet that hamstrings the effectiveness of our existing AA etc..etc.

I feel a rant coming on so I'm just gunna go play my conjuror who actually has most of the tools needed to make an enjoyable class.
  20. ARCHIVED-Eepop Guest

I could go on for hours on changes we need, but the sky isnt falling.

Rez line is plain useless. Only ones that dont know it is the devs.

Buff line is acceptable, if everything else were up to this, we could live with it.

Melee line is right on target for what its needed for, soloing/small grouping. Of course the DPS doesnt matter in raids, but theres nothing wrong with having 1 of 4 lines cater to soloers.

Cure line is good in priniciple, just not in practice. Instead of warding against further damage, it needs to repeat the cure again a second later.

If they replaced the rez line with very small bonuses to heals, and made the change to the cure line, I would be pretty happy with these AAs. The real problem is that the lines that dont work are the ones that are targetted at the majority of mystics (those who chose it to be healers).