Her Dark Botanicals: yet another Splitpaw puzzle home!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Elduren, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Elduren Well-Known Member

House: Her Dark Botanicals
    Zone: Dhalgar Precipice of the Deep (Freeport)
    Server: Splitpaw

Elduren needs your help once more, this time with a bit of industrial espionage!

[IMG]

Deep below the city of Freeport, the noted alchemist Mistress Pyrenia has her botanical laboratory. Famed as a crafter of cunning poisons made using underground flora, Pyrenia has apparently found a plant that will rip a person's soul from its body.

Elduren's guild, the Zero Hours Heroes, know a market opportunity when they see one. They want to find out which plant Pyrenia is using, and where it grows. With that information, they'll be able to go on a massive harvesting expedition and corner the market before Pyrenia has a chance to start mass production. Then they can all retire on their fabulous wealth!

This is where you come in...

You need to have a discrete nose around in Pyrenia's lab to see if you can secure the information Elduren wants.

[IMG]

Tha laboratory often receives visitors, so you should attract too much attention as your explore. Just try to look like you're there on official business! Pyrenia herself will probably be so wrapped-up in her experiments, she won't even notice you're there.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Pyrenia is assisted by her troop of Gnomes who both tend to the plants and help run the many experiments in the lab. They'll probably just assume you're an official visitor and ignore you.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Of course, every laboratory needs some test subjects. You'll need to check them out so you'll know which experiment uses the plant you're after.

[IMG]

There is bound to be some useful information in Pyrenia's library. It's a trove of information about the many underground plants used in Pyrenia's experiments. You might find some information on where to find our plant.

[IMG]

Worth taking a sly peek in the stores too - just in case you spot anything useful!

[IMG]

One last thing... Pyrenia's laboratory is constantly plagued with Brownies. It seems they get shipped in among the deliveries of plants and seeds, and then infest the place and cause general mayhem.

Best to keep your ankles covered; they're known to bite!

[IMG]

Elduren is offering a handsome reward to the first person to mail him the name of this plant and the place where it grows.

So off you go - there's no time to lose!
  2. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Wow looks very nice, love the colors u picked !
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

4. Febrith Well-Known Member

Well that put a dent in my Erollisi doings! Loved this place - so inventive, you'd never know you were in a Dhalgar place at all. I loved all the plant displays, I'm such a sucker for Norrath's flora. And some of my favourite things were the teeny tiny house actors with the mushroom hats - adorable!
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

Omg, Elduren...another one already? You are a decorating machine, methinks. This place looks amazing! I'll have to get over to Splitpaw to check it out. It's actually designed much like a home I have in mind for the near future, and I just might get some ideas from you for it. :)

Currently I'm in process of decorating another home though, and I promised my granddaughter I'd decorate her Isle of Refuge, so I've got to put that one on the back burner for a while. I have some fabulous ideas for it though and am anxious to get started on it, hehe. Well, I guess it's time to plan another stop on the Splitpaw server very soon and catch up on homes to be seen there. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Elduren like this.
  6. Elduren Well-Known Member

This one probably only took about 30 hours from start to finish. I had promised myself I would never work with circles again, let alone domes! But the idea struck me and I had to run with it. I'm actually really proud of how this one turned out. With a bit of luck, I might even bag my final decorating title!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  7. Badhealer Active Member

Wish I had a toon on Splitpaw to check it out, from the screenshots it looks like you did a great job.
  8. Elduren Well-Known Member

You can always roll one! EU toons don't count towards you character slots on US servers!
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

Oh yes, you really should roll a house touring character on Splitpaw. Elduren has several puzzle homes, each of them unique and quite interesting. Definitely worth a visit to Splitpaw to see them. :)
  10. Elduren Well-Known Member

You cracked it Feb! Prize for 1st place is in the mail!
  11. Febrith Well-Known Member

Wheeee! tyvm:) Bit of a false start, but that was fun and in such glorious surroundings!
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wow, that was fast! Grats, Feb! :D

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  13. Febrith Well-Known Member

Ty Uwk:) I think I was just lucky to be browsing the forums at the right time and saw the post - plus, ya know...plants!
  14. Badhealer Active Member

Created an character, glad my name wasn't taken :)
    Awesome piece of work, glad I was able to get a closer look.
  15. Eradani Well-Known Member

My name also wasn't taken :) and your Botanical Gardens are just awesome. sent you an rp-lite mail with my answer to the puzzle. let me know if i was wrong as i'm quite curious.
  16. Elduren Well-Known Member

Thanks for visiting guys!

Will try and get online tonight to check my mail... But if I can't then I'm afraid it won't be until Sunday evening!

In the meantime though, why not try some of my other puzzle homes on Splitpaw like The World Builder's Workshop, Al'Bacquackie: The Wretched Hive, or Double-Oh-Dear. Should keep you busy while you wait to find out if you cracked this one
  17. Elduren Well-Known Member

This just made it to the hall of fame, bagging me the final title and trophy. Thanks for all the support gang!
  18. Febrith Well-Known Member

Wheee! Grats hon:)
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! :D

Is the trophy different in appearance? :)

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Elduren! :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.