Help!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vaildez, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Vaildez New Member

Sorry for another one of these threads but I am having a terrible time sticking with one class. I really enjoy the game but so far have gotten a Conj to 80 SK to 63 and Bruiser to 32 and keep 2nd guessing my class choice and wanting to make another character. I am mostly a solo player and have the AoD expansion. What is a good class that stays interesting and will handle well with a merc? I prefer to stay away from dedicated healing and tanking classes.
  2. Zarnafien Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have a condition known as altitis.

Don't worry-my own cure for altitis was to buy a second account and fill that with all classes of toons.

I go from my main which is Zinra a 94 Necro to my newest baby a level 3 warden I just made.

I love my Necro as it is a great solo class and with the SK mercenary I can do a lot of content. Plus the Necro with the three different pets and Feign Death and Rez and...... a great class and my favorite. Give it a try.
  3. Regolas Well-Known Member

No one can tell you which class you'll enjoy playing the most. For me it's usually the one I've invested the most time to.

You've got two tank classes and one mage. Why not try a priest or a scout? Priests will be good with a tank merc, scouts are a little harder as they can't tank well or heal and a merc will only fill one of those spots.

I recommend an inquisitor or warden, they're very melee orientated so feel more tanky without being a tank (need to get AAs to make them melee though).

Scout-wise, Beastlords are a fun class apparently. I play a ranger myself and love the class. All scouts seem fun to me though.

I'd give the enchanters and bards a miss though unless you want to group or raid. They are the most in demand for groups and raids but are harder to solo as they take a dps hit for being so group utility focused, and as they're scouts/mages they can't tank well and can't heal.
  4. amputaci New Member

like the others said, there is no way to really tell you that.

i think you need to remember that there is no need to rush to max level. take your time and play through all the clssses a bit until you find the one you like most. i have only been playing a few months now, and my highest is level 32. i want to check out all of the classes. i have made, and deleted, quite a few because i didn't like the way the class played.

it's not a race. just take you time and enjoy the ride