Help me decide please

Discussion in 'General Priest Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-maggotpez, Dec 9, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-maggotpez Guest

I want to play a healer. I like to solo mostly but want to be useful in groups. I was thinking of either a inquis or a mystic since furies are overplayed (from what I hear). Which can kill faster out of the 2?
  2. ARCHIVED-Eugam Guest

maggotpez wrote:
    As soloer and heroic endgame player i d suggest a warden and a race that has tracking as racial ability.
    Mystic and other healers arent bad either, but the short casting times of the warden help a lot when soloing harder mobs and groups of mobs.
    If you like a pet, then the mystic might be a solution. The dog is able to tank a bit. There will be changes to pets soon and he might become even stronger.
    Otherwiese do just was seems to be fun for you.
  3. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

alternatively, look at what every heale can do, list of spells , AA etc as that will give you an indication of how they are played. Choose something you have fun with, maybe start several, play them until 30-40 and get a feeling of the class.
    Continue with the one you like. Don't worry about what others say. A well played healer is welcomed regardless of their class.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Inqy is the best priest to solo with once you get some decent gear and learn how to play it.
  5. ARCHIVED-thegriss Guest

90 Inq 250aa. My gear consist of t2/t1 raid gear. My current solo list for farming is
    Library: All bosses
    Cons: Up to the Debuff boss
    The Hole: All Heroic Bosses other than the ring even on the elemental side.
    Deep forge: All bosses
    Befallin HOF: all but 4th and last boss (4th boss charms impossible to solo)
    I have been able to solo other 6 man dungeon zones but these are in my normal farming rotation. I know of no other healing class besides the Inquisitor that can solo like this.
  6. ARCHIVED-gandie Guest

Elhonna@Blackburrow wrote:
    I would agree..
    I have played fury warden and inq.
    Ad the INQ was hands down better and more fun..You will run into some pow problems, so i would recommend getting good at power management early on.
  7. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

Jabib@Nagafen wrote:
    The survivability, buffs, and the abilty to outdps any other priest class on single targets, if the try, make inquisitors one of the most popular priest classes right now. They are not quite as good as the templer in survivablitly for a tank or group but make the group do more damage which makes the mobs die quicker and the tank be able to generate more dps hate for himself.
    Not so sure about fury's being overpopular. Most people I know with furys play them as alts. Not mains. Then again, its the same for my class, the warden lol.
    Just remember that even though they did buff up druids in the hp buff department (while nerfing at least wardens in other areas), the prefered solo healer for a group will be a shaman followed by a cleric. Then a druid if none are available.