Help! Can't log in Main toon - others ok

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Mysticalmaid, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Mysticalmaid Member

I last camped out in Chelsith, I probably should have parked somewhere better but just didn't think. I can't get this toon to log in now, it goes back to character select but other characters log on fine. I deleted the splitpaw.toonname. files in the eq2 folder and the cache folder. I'm not sure what else to try, I can't play CoE without her :(
  2. TSR-SeanF Member

This issue is more than likely due to a corrupted interface file located in your EverQuest 2 directory since the expansion pack came out today. I would suggest that you make backups and then delete the following files and folders in your EverQuest 2 directory:

cache folder (does not apply to Steam users)
    eq2_recent.ini
    eq2_default.ini
    EverQuest2.exe
    eq2.ini

As well as the character specific files, these will appear as follows:
    <ServerName>_<CharacterName>_EQ2_uisettings.ini
    <StationName>_characters.ini

Next, delete the configuration files/folder by following these instructions:
    1. Open the EverQuest II LaunchPad. (Do not login at this time.)
    2. Click Advance Tools, Open Game Directory, then close the LaunchPad.
    3. Look for any files explained above and delete them.
    4. Close all open folders and restart EverQuest II using the LaunchPad to login and play.

If deleting these files does not resolve your issue, you can restore your backed up files and folders and retain your hotkeys, contact lists, and display settings.

If you are still unable to log in after going through these steps please open a support ticket with us for further assistance.
  3. Mysticalmaid Member

Worked a treat, thankyou!
  4. TSR-SeanF Member

Glad to hear it :D Please let us know if you encounter any additional issues!