help a noobadirge, PLEASE

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Payton, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Payton Active Member

what am I supposed to do as a dirge?
    the things I figured out :

1. click the haste thingy whenever it's up
    2. rez people and remove the debuff
    3. cast the green encounter debuffs
    4. try to achieve some dps with that stupid dps-recording and playback thing.

anything else?

ps. the dirge prestige tree is annoying, why do they harass dirges with the most complex and creepy skills where you need to be a genius to figure anything out what they do and when to cast them?

IF any of the DEVS is reading this - PLEASE remove at least half of the buttons a dirge has and merge them together somehow, this is ridiculous!
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

No, just No.

You have 4 debuffs to cast every 40s. Rezzing every now and again when someone dies, and then some DPS buttons. Not complex.

Dirge prestige is simple too, right side = extra blue AE that buffs CB. Left side = Cast a buff on someone if they fall below 50%.
  3. Payton Active Member

not complex? why do I need 60 buttons then for this non-complex stuff?
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

4 Encounter Debuffs, 2 Rezzes, Confront Fear, 2 maybe 3 personal buffs and maximum 10 combat arts?
    Try playing an assassin or a Ranger and you'll notice just how many buttons you can have. Or a warlock. Difference is with Dirge, nearly all of them are useful.
    Alenna likes this.
  5. Shimmerman New Member

Pretty explanatory
    Learn what you abilities do, there are numerous pre-hits you want to do before you unload all of your big stuff
  6. Palathas New Member

Lots of buffs, including things like Percussion of Stone. The green Debuffs against bigger mobs, theres also the daze, mitigation debuffs, Rez, Heal. If you click on my signature you'll see my build. Not hugely great for raids but does ok. Better for grouping.