help a noob

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Kinvore, May 7, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Kinvore Guest

I've long since left the guild Mercato, and while I have very fond memories there I'd prefer is my avatar would reflect my current guild. How do I go about getting it to update?
  2. ARCHIVED-Gravy Guest

When you leave a guild and join a new guild it should automatically change the guild that is shown under your name.
    Are you sure you left the guild?
    EQ2 is not like Guild Wars in that every character you have can be in a different guild. So if you had all your characters in one guild, and wanted to join another, you'd have to leave and join on every character.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cuelaen Guest

He's right, the same thing is going on with my forum avatar-i havent been in the guild it says im in for months.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

This part of the forum has been borked for over 7 months now. My guild rank changed back last November, and it still shows the old rank. I suspect the forum codemonkeys never adapted the code when EQ2Players was replaced with its current incarnation, so the forums no longer access any up-to-date player database.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kinvore Guest

Gravy wrote:
    Yes I'm absolutely sure I left the guild, like I said months ago. And yes I'm perfectly aware of being able to be in several guilds. I have two accounts and have toons in 3 different guilds.
    But I see from other responses that I'm not the only one with this problem.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kinvore Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Kinvore Guest

I tried changing profile to a different toon's name and it still won't work, won't even change it to that toon's name. Oh well.
  8. ARCHIVED-UnseenTC Guest

It just isn't working right now. I haven't been in the guild showing under my name for several months... you'd think this would be much easier to fix now that the data feeds are out, but that might require actual effort working on the forums, so I'm not holding my breath.