Hello Returning Brigand old pvper

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Keltic, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Keltic New Member

I am messing around on a laptop trying to figure out the games changes some might remember me I was Hayden/Keltic on Venekor then Keltic on Naggy now Keltik with the skyfire merge . I was very in tuned to gear and such to max pvp im pvped out now its gone and the game changed , what should I work for to max dps and the Brig Buffs for pve , I was never really a pve junky but I ;ive to out DPS the Sins , any help would be appreciated
  2. Spurn Member

Well...where to start...the high level overview...

Assuming you want to do heroic zones, the first thing you need is resolve. You need to have enough resolve to pass what amounts to a soft gate or you will be pretty ineffective. T1 needs 1060 resolve and each point you are too low means that you do 1% less damage and take 1% more damage. Extra resolve lets you fight tougher mobs BUT you don't get extra anything for having more resolve that you need for a mob.

Then it is all about potency for a while. That is not to say Ability doublecast, Spell doublecast and crit bonus aren't important, but multiplying crap isn't especially useful. Potency first.

Get it into the 60,000s and then you really do want to get your critical bonus and the two 'doublecasts' up. Spell doublecast is useful for Brigs, largely because of ascension spells and some odds and ends, and it makes a significant difference to your dps.

Ability doublecast is great, get what you can though it is pretty rare except on some adorns.

Melee skills are much less important the last couple of expansions, but won't hurt to optimize pretty much everything through reforging. If you are a geomancer, boosting melee can yield a nice boost using Terrene Destruction, but melee ain't what it used to be!

If you are going to raid remember that you will get massively debuffed in raid zones, so you want things like flurry, spell doublecast at 200%.
    Pixistik likes this.