Hello everyone, Happy Frostfell!

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Gulaep, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Gulaep Well-Known Member

It's been two years since I was last here playing. Life, you know? A death in family and then a bit of homelessness afterwards for five months. Lady and I are still together for those of you who may remember me (see profile). I just re-subbed a few minutes ago and am back to being an All Access Member - the ONLY way to play, know what I mean?! ;)

Looks like I am back in time before Frostfell begins. I haven't played in so long that I forgot how to to be honest. I have no clue where I left off on any of my characters. All I do know for certain is that I have always loved this game and for the most part this community and I am thrilled to be back. I also know that all of my characters are on Maj'Dul. I transferred them all there two years+ ago when we had that option.

For those that may recollect who I am and what I attempted to do for our community was those Excel spreadsheets I made available. I don't know when or if I will be able to get them updated in time for this year's Frostfell but I just want you to know I have not forgotten about them; they were actually pretty popular here.

Anyways, I am back for as long as I can afford it but I will probably have to solo/molo most of the time since I am playing via a neighbors wifi and it's the absolute worst wifi ever! It disconnects upwards of dozens of times daily and sometimes for hours at a go. But I will try to be in game as often as time allows.

I just wanted to say hello to everyone again; my past forum friends especially.

Bye for now;

Gulaep (Mark)
  2. Lera Well-Known Member

Welcome back! Only 6,978 minutes until Frostfell!
    Gulaep likes this.
  3. Gulaep Well-Known Member

That's the great attitude I love here in the forums! Thanks Lera.

I too am looking forward to Frostfell and getting reacquainted with the game and hopefully I'll be able to reconnect with past friends as well.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Actually, looking at my profile page it seems I am just a tad more than a month away from having been gone for three years! I know it felt like a long time since I was last playing but it didn't feel like three years-long! Wow.:(
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. Katz Well-Known Member

Welcome back! I remember you from the forums and your excel sheets. Have fun relearning the game. :)
    Prissetta and Gulaep like this.
  6. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Thank you Katz, I am looking forward to it. And yes, I remember you as well too. :)
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. Xillean Well-Known Member

Welcome back, and may Santa Glug be very giving to you this year!!!
    Gulaep likes this.
  8. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Thank you Xillean, you're another familiar name to me in these forums. I am glad so many of you are still around - wish I wasn't ever absent but life finds a way of interfering.
    Prissetta and Xillean like this.
  9. Gulaep Well-Known Member

See, told you I forgot how to do almost everything in game!

I opened up my broker on Gulaep @Maj'Dul and I did a search for my name to see my items listed and couldn't find anything. Then I realized that none of my items were listed anymore due to my long absence so I went through five broker boxes and started toggling them all to "yes" listing them for sale. I only did the ones that had coin values for them thinking those were the last values I was selling stuff at three years ago. It wasn't until I was in the middle of doing my sixth broker box that I realized all those values I saw were the very minimum set by the game itself! I was wondering why everything was priced so low!!! I always kept things reasonably priced and affordable for new players and people with lowbie alts so I didn't immediately catch my error. So I had to go back through everything and toggle them back to "not for sale".

Whew! I almost gave away the house! Haha! :eek::oops:
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Welcome back!
    Gulaep likes this.
  11. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Thank you very much Prissetta, I remember you from these forums as well. :)
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Re-subbing for the game unfortunately doesn't buy me a free pass from work tonight; I got a 6pm to 2am shift to start soon so I'll catch you all later. Have a great night/day gaming! :)
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Welcome back. I have your spreadsheets and have directed others to them that have asked me about something similar.

Den Mum has a link on her EQ2 Traders Corner that will give you easy access to all the holiday checklists that have been made for those.

EQ2U will give you access to lists of all the other quests up through KA I believe. Feldon has packed his bag and moved on, so I have been trying to get everything from his quest lists onto a spreadsheet so its not lost. But the MS makes me slow more than I would like but I am still plugging along on it.

Again welcome back and have fun. Don't stress over remembering everything, it will come back to you quickly.

Cyrrena
    Prissetta and Gulaep like this.
  14. Sharann Well-Known Member

Welcome back to Norrath Gulaep!

A lot has changed since you were away so enjoy catching up and going through all the content :) Also, prices have gone up quite a bit so you might start making a some money with selling shinies or else.

In addition there are a few great websites still around as Cyrrena mentioned. Eq2library is a reference. Feldon stopped with eq2wire but you can still look it up as it kept lots of great information. Finally, your best friends will still be eq2maps (addon) and eq2furniture if you like decorating. Lera is doing a great job in keeping it up to date :cool:

Happy hunting!
    Shar
    Gulaep likes this.
  15. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for all of that, it was kind of you to say. :)
  16. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Thank you as well Sharann. :)