Healers and their average HPS?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by jbrock, Jul 22, 2014.

1. jbrock New Member

Was curious of average HPS for each healer class at 95. I play a warden I would like to know a ballpark number, also I have been interested in making a plate healer.
  2. Canth Active Member

It depends.......on how squishy your group is, what zone are you in, raid, heroic, tank, etc, etc.

Warden and templar are really good heroic healers right now, although any should be able to do it.
  3. Jjeorge Member

Really, HPS is meaningless, aside from showing what abilities are better than others and yada yada. The best HPS number is: No one died.

From there, try pushing up your DPS numbers. Those are better for searching for a ballpark number, given a certain group combination, because they depend on how well you can smack mobs with your weapon. HPS is capped by how much damage mobs do to your group.
    Anjel, Mermut and Gaealiege like this.
  4. Arieste Well-Known Member

idk how it's going to help you, but fwiw:

my "average" HPS as a defiler is around 75k. it fluctuates between about 30-40k when i'm DPSing to about 220-250k when i'm healing a zerker vs like 20 Draazak adds. Solo healing a group on sontalak is about 180-200.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Heals per second only counts the amount of healing that was done, not the amount of healing 'cast'. So a healer can stand in the back of the group at max range and hit every heal they've got and get exactly the same hps as standing right behind the mob hitting a bunch of combat spells and just enough heals to keep the group alive. The HPS on both fights would be exactly the same (assuming nobody else is healing in either situation).

Further, a healer that cures quickly will have a LOWER HPS then one that lets the DoTs tick and just 'heals through them', even though curing quickly is generally considered the 'better' way to heal. A healer who has damage reduction, thus decreasing the incoming damage to the group, will have a lower HPS then one without the damage reduction, because the DR prevents damage, creating less damage to heal, etc...
    Tylia, Deadly Decorator and Azian like this.