Healer or Support

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Muffincookie, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Muffincookie Active Member

I mostly enjoy playing a healer or a support class.
    I subscribed last night to this TLE-server and was wondering what is most needed?
    If its healer, then what healer is mostly wanted, and if I pick support, then what kind is most useful you think?

I made a ratonga Troub, but I can change it ofc.
  2. DENSER Well-Known Member

hi and welcome,

The heals are well represented, Fury and warden are legion ( tp u might guess is a +)
    I ll bet on a warder or plate healer, Surely a little more sought after .

for supports illy re also well represented, dps + buffs make em more appreciated over coer ( at the moment ?)
    Dirge or troub re imo both great.
    But given the number of casters on varsoon ( illy/summoners) Your troubadour ratonga is a wise choice.

Finally, be aware that some group of 6 runs with 2 heals sometimes.
    Support has mostly 1 room in a group.
    So on paper, more chance of group being a healer ( And as said above, warder or plate, as leathers re légion).

aside from this rough guess on my part, any heals or supp will find a group.
    The best way being to create it, rather than spamming lfg and waiting for a possible response
  3. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

At this point, any healer is welcome. As Denser said, many people are playing druids, mostly Fury - but some Wardens. Because of the way the classes are balanced at 50 - no Alternate Achievements, no mythical weapons, etc, etc, clerics (templars and inquisitors) and shaman (defilers and mystics) are not played as often. They are a little lackluster compared to how they will be in the future (and soon) but are still needed.

The advice right now is literally to play what you like or what sounds like it would be engaging to you. There are no classes so unplayed that you can "never" find one, but some are not played very much for the reason that right now they aren't very much fun . (thinking Defiler here..)

I think your Ratonga Troub sounds like a great choice. I tend to play healers, and I, for one, deeply appreciate a troub in my group :)
  4. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

5. Kellindil New Member

There is one trend in every raid I've joined thus far on this TLE.
    Bard and Enchanters are in short supply.
    So that'd be Troub/Dirge and Illy/Coer.

Healers can be an issue from time to time, but EVERY raid is always missing some bards and enchanters, if not both.
    Arielle Nightshade and Zenji like this.
  6. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I have a Noobadour alt, and every time I've joined a pug raid (for prismatic or SoTL) there are always too many bards and not enough healers! I guess it just depends on what's going on overall :)
  7. Arandar Well-Known Member

I think it's generally a mistake to want to play the "most needed" class; that's something which is always in flux. Play what you enjoy most, work at being the best you can be at that class. In terms of raiding, if you show up consistently, you're already well ahead of the pack.
    Arielle Nightshade, Bekkr and Ratza like this.