Healer Adorns and Casting Speed

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Lupy, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Lupy New Member

Yesterday, I got caught up on adding adorns to my new 92 level gear for my Mystic, Baass. I went crazy with swift casting and got my casting speed over 200%. Someone in the guild mentioned there is a cap on that, so do I need to replace those adorns? I have been trying to read on Wiki and other places, but the descriptions about ability caps makes no sense to me. Basically I'm thinking I should put everything I have into crit chance and ignore casting speed since it will prolly come with the gear. Any help is appreciated.
    Lupy
  2. Wigg Member

There is a cap of 50% of the abilities casting speed. Other words, if the spell or ability takes 2 seconds to cast, it is capped at 1 second. To obtain this, 100% casting speed is the cap. Anything over 100% casting adds to spell double attack (not really helpful for most healers).
  3. Arieste Well-Known Member

The cap on both casting speed and reuse is 100%. You may want to have about 120-130 so that you can still be at max speed when debuffed and/or in your DPS stance, but you anything more is wasted.

Why would you switch those adorns to crit chance? If you're doing PoW or HM CoE raiding, you should have around 410 self-buffed CC. If you're NOT doing those zones, I think something like 350 (iirc) should be enough for easy mode raids. If you're just doing heroic stuff, I think 300 is fine.

There is no "one answer" for which stat you should be adorning or reforning to at any given time. It really depends on your current stats, your specific class and the content you're doing. There are general guidelines for each class, but they are not hard rules.

For most healers after castring and reuse are at 100%, it's:

Potency > A-Mod > CB

for melee healers, CB > Potency and then Multi-Attack and A-mod (i don't play a melee healer, so not 100% sure if MA or amod is more critical).

for Fury and Defiler, WIS also helps as it's your DPS-boosting stat for nukes.

Remember, if you have 200 casting speed from adorments, you don't necessarily need to change your adorns. You can also regorge any of your high +cast speed items to something more useful. Most of the time, there are better things to reforge out of (like SW DA and SW DPS). Adorning for amod yields very little, so one CAN adorn for cast speed and reforge for a-mod. There is really no "right way" to do it. Just make sure you're balancing your different stats.

Oh and if you DO need the crit chance for some rare encounters.. you can always keep a spare item or two with CC adorns and on it and put them on for those encounters. No need to use it when you don't need it.
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

Even a purely heroic toon should aim for 380-390. It's better to be available for those challenge mode fights when you get the chance. A lot of them may seem easy, but when your healer isn't critting it falls apart.