heal adorn

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ARCHIVED-Dorf, Aug 19, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Dorf Guest

My alt is an 80 wiz, decently geared with myth, pretty much the best instance gear, and a few raid pieces. I have 4 toons to spend plat on mastering and crap. I linked some gloves in the wizard channel and quickly got flamed for having a 45 heal adorn on them. I raid with my wizard once in a while, when my pally, coercer, or mystic is not needed (which is rare), and when i do raid, i die alot from some of the aoe's from lack of crit mit and higher end raid gear. I figured a cheap way to help survivability, was to add a piece of gear which has dmg spell crit, and +75 heal and spell dmg on it, along with the 45 heal adorn on my gloves to raise my magi shielding, ward of sages, and mail of frost by a total of 120 pts each, giving me an aditional 360 pts of warding all together. The way i see it is, if it prevents me from dieing, i will do more dps, than if i died. With 4 toons, i dont have alot of plat sitting around. So i decided to buy the 4 plat adorn which helps survivabilty, instead of the 50 plat adorn which would increase dps slightly. Anyways, here come the flames!, does anybody else think for the plat, this was a wise move? especially since the 50 plat adorn is way out of my price range for this alt, or would a 2 plat 16 stat increase be better than the heal adorn? oh also have a 45 heal neck adorn, so thats an additional 135 to my wards, for a total of 495 warding, most of which regenerates.
  2. ARCHIVED-Azol Guest

I was always thinking adorns to be "+heal amount" and our shields to be "damage shields" on top of Magi Shielding and similar abilities.
    Are you positive that +heal adorns actually modify our damage shield values? Does it work "as intended"? I believe +heal adorns were supposed to make healing spells more potent.
    These adorns were too pricey for me to try it out anyway. And of course the price of +damage Fabled adorns for neck/gloves/symbol is even higher - there is no reason to place such adorns on items unless you have top-end gear for these slots.
  3. ARCHIVED-Dorf Guest

Yes, i am positive it works for our wards, buy a cheap piece of +heal gear, and see for yourself if you like.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Heal amount should affect wards unless they are specifically tagged to not be affected by indirect means. There is a cap at 50% of base for +heal however, but that +heal on some gear does actually have a use even if you don't have an actual "heals for X" kind of heal.
  5. ARCHIVED-thajoka Guest

It's not dps breaking, its just not optimal. It's pale in comparison to specing the two 2.5% hp character traits, using +100hp adorns or using an constitution pot that gives ~400 - 500hp. If you are dying to AoE's you should get a shaman in your group. We have several avenues for giving ourselves that extra notch of survivability, and +heal adorns is not a common, nor highly inpactful area, to keep your toon alive. So most just go straight for the +spell damage route.