hawk pet?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Winzen-Stormz, Nov 13, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Madeeb Guest

You have to be kidding me. Your upset because the hawk doesnt do damage? How much damage did your hawk do in EQ1? Oh yeah that's right nada we didn't get one. The fact that I can call a hawk to my side just for eyecandy is off the hook. How cool is that and seperates us more from the other Scout classes like Rogue, bard. Unless a rogue gets a pet rat or the bard gets a mime for a pet and I didn't see it. lol

If you dont like it dont buy it. And as far as it doing damage who really cares. If they remove it from the game it won't help ya damage wise will it nah, but then you'll be like I want my little hawk back heh.

Verikor
    20th Ranger - Guk
    Kerran
  2. ARCHIVED-Azzazal Guest

KK i have posted how to get your hawk to work, Again be warned its a fluff item. At lvl 28 he was lvl 27 and a war type. Now If we had a 27 lvl war pet with our dps at that lvl well as pointed out itd be VERY unbalanced. Try the Dodge in my previous post, it does work. Other than that leave our pet hawk alone! :)
  3. ARCHIVED-PrometheusO Guest

Ok, what's up with the people with purple names, scholar title, and only 4-7 post? I don't get? Unless your post count resets to zero once you're given the title. Some of us are curious.

Thanks
  4. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

scholar has to do with number of reads
    apprentice has to do with number of posts
  5. ARCHIVED-PrometheusO Guest

Ahhhhh! Thanks for the explanation.
  6. ARCHIVED-NightFalcon Guest

whew thanks! hehe also do you know if there are any others after apprentice?
  7. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

I'm sure there are, though I haven't seen them yet. Guess we'll find out
  8. ARCHIVED-LadyDarkSide Guest

wow how can some of u say the hawk suck cause it dose nothing or dose no damage.<greedy greedy greedy>first im glad i have or will be getting a hawk at lvl 20 1 of the reason im going ranger.now for those 2 say the hawk dose no damage now tell me what could a hawk do aginist a sword or a person wareing armor.only thing i would love for them 2 do with the hawk if it not in the game alrdy is give me a emote that will let me carry it on my arm or shoulder and another 2 release it to fly now that would reallly put the wow into having a hawk.
  9. ARCHIVED-LadyDarkSide Guest

btw what is the next pet we get after hawk ???
  10. ARCHIVED-Garr__ Guest

Ok.... You all need to realise, that although the Hawk does not attack at your command, he/she/it Is NOT completely useless.
    I reached 20th 2 Days ago and have been exploring Thundering Steppes trying to get my hawk to do something... Anything except "Stay" and "Follow"

Indeed nothing worked....
    UNTIL, I stealthed myself up, and pounced on a group of beetles....
    Not only did My Hawk Start Tanking for me... but ALL beetles attack my hawk "Gilbanaan" at the time ^__^, and he Did a Tremendous job of Tanking.

You just need to practice, and youll get it perfect.
    he tanks for me everytime... and now i can solo most creatures with ease 8)

I think the reason they gave us Hawks, is so that we could use our "Flanking" and "Stealth" attacks in a Solo situation... After all, Rangers are at most times Solitary Hunters.

Thank you all, and Please... Dont abuse the Hawk

-Scyrus (20th Ranger of Antonia Bayle)
    "I abide by the code of the Ranger... Swift Justice, Repose in Aid, and the embrace of all things Natural"
    -Scyrus "04"
  11. ARCHIVED-Matathios Guest

did you just have it out and when you attacked the beetles went after it? just bought my hawk right before i logged tonight
  12. ARCHIVED-Garr__ Guest

Yep... It works about 50% of the time...
    Its a nice Random effect 8)

-Scyrus (20th Ranger)
  13. ARCHIVED-Lolien Guest

About not getting the pet at level 20....
    At the level's you get 2 abilities, you get one when you level up to that lvl, and one halfway to next level just about. This happends to abilities before lvl 20 as well, so I'm not sure why you people thought of that.
    BUT, I'm not sure if this is the case with this hawk. I just leveled to 20 myself and only have 1 bubble of XP. But I will try to find out this actually, cause I'm not in a urge to try out the pet. Although how awesome it is, I'll just wait it out. Will try to get XP to see if it is true tonight though ;)
  14. ARCHIVED-FluffyGoat Guest

I can't believe people are actually defending the hawk bug saying how cool it is to have a hawk that does nothing. You people are freaking crazy. Some of us don't give a frick about fluff, roleplaying, or impressing noobies. I want something that actually does something. I swear there are some people that will defend this game with their life no matter how buggy the issue is.
  15. ARCHIVED-Audio Guest

You don't have to buy the hawk spell. There I just saved you a few silver and you don't have to complain about it. If everyone had pets it would be a bit unbalancing and the summoner's would be complaining.
    SK's get a horse at 20 that looks pretty f-ing cool but doesn't give them a run speed advantage. If you don't like it/ don't want it, then don't get it. It is fluff just like the dragons in some people's homes.
  16. ARCHIVED-Lolien Guest

Aye, would be cool if it had some effect like regen to power, bonus to tracking and/ or pathfinding.

But every class get's a fluff skill like this it seem. Ranger's get this hawk that doesn't seem to do any, Conjuror's get an illusion fire elemental that looks awesome!, Paladin's and SK's I presume get a horse that does nothing much but look cool, some of the shaman and druid sub-classes get an feline form and bear form.

I'm sure all other classes have similar stuff as well, so I can see why our hawk might do nothing.
  17. ARCHIVED-Ravi Guest

I think there should be a special ability that Rangers get at some point where the hawk can be used to distract, in the same fashion as Cheap Shot. Give it a recast timer of like 600 seconds or something. Or a Tracking/Threat level buff or something.
    Meh, I am happy to have my hawk. I am the first Ranger on Everfrost to have it ^^ I got so many tells from people as I was running through Qeynos. And if you don't like the hawk, don't buy it. Real simple.
    Message Edited by Ravi on 11-22-2004 10:13 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-WiNgMaN Guest

I think they should turn us into beastlords, and have us be able to heal our pets, then lower our melee damage or something =) That would be cooler.

The pet in my opinion WAS a waste of money, it isnt that hard to get 15 silver, but its something id want to spend on a new weapon or something.
    It is a kickass fluff though, I want to get a horse, so I could have a horse AND the hawk..and they need to make him fly a little higher =P He is like eating the ground basically...doesnt look good with me as a Kerran =P
    I use him to take aggro when my group gets in trouble...hes like on autofollow for you, so he is always behind you =D so you can u se him as a decoy then, never tried useing the sneak thing, it worked once, but then i got aggro back by all my kick-**ZOMG** damage attacks =D
  19. ARCHIVED-ArgonuiTauronII Guest

It was ~15s and not worth it. I think it looks stupid the way it follows you around. I was hoping for something better, but oh well.
  20. ARCHIVED-Judo Guest

THE HALK DOSENT SUCK

You can give him the name of ANY NPC in your zone and he will take u there... its for finding targets and NPCs...

i can need t find billy bob in antonica , i say billy bob the bird goes to billy bob no matter how far...