Haven't played since SF expansion

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Davion, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Davion New Member

First started everquest 2 sometime during KoS the first time around and played till SF expansion.

I played an Inquisitor and a defiler in two different guilds at the time but thinking something new this time. Can someone break down classes from classic to KoS in roles, popularity, ease of play or anything else would help and be much appreciated. Would like to know as much as I can so I can convince some of my current corinav people to give it a shot as well.

Thank you for time. Any help appreciated
  2. Carynn Well-Known Member

I take it you mean for the Kaladim server tomorrow? Bigger explanation link first: https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Class

Try playing an illusionist or coercer as a utility class. Utility classes are always needed and they're a bit more challenging to play than a necromancer/conjurer for pet class. Illy/Coercer get mez abilities and a pet, but you don't get pet heals. (Illy also gets a lot of fun illusion spells for yourself and your group.)

Wizards and Warlocks go BOOM. Assassins and rangers, and brigs and swashies go pokepokepoke. These are your main dps classes. Necros and conjys round out this group, with their pets.

Bards are buffers primarily, and do okay dps. They are also utility classes.

There will be a ton of healer druids (fury/warden) on Kaladim because they're a versatile class and have the travel port ability.

Tanks require a lot of knowledge of zones, how to position, how to rescue, how to communicate, etc. It's a demanding job and requires someone with patience (or to have patient friends). Shadowknights are the most popular.

If you have the time today, you're best bet is to spend a few hours on Fallen Gate trying out the different classes on the beginner island. You will find some click immediately, and others are meh.

I would totally recommend you stick with your plan to play a different class. I found it made the game feel new again, when Fallen Gate came out.