+/- Hate Mods & Swarthy Deception

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Jaremai, Nov 17, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

As I understand it, Swarthy Deception is why I find myself in MT groups in the random pickup raids that I get invited to (not in a raiding guild).
    This got me thinking today.. I have a fair amount of -hate adornments and AAs in the INT tree, so overall my hate is diminished. This is good for me, but I'm wondering if it's diminishing the benefits of Swarthy Deception at the same time?
    Should I instead go in the opposite direction and go +hate when I wander off to these MT-loving events?
  2. ARCHIVED-JoarAddam Guest

Are others ripping aggro when you transfer hate? If not, then I wouldn't. Are you ripping aggro? If you are, or are close, I definitely wouldn't. At that point you'd have to sacrifice DPS because of your +hate gear.
  3. ARCHIVED-OutcastBlade Guest

No.
    Do yourself a favor bud,
    1.) Respec. INT is a waste. Put one point in Boot blade, and then spec into dps for the rogue tree. STR, AGI, WIS, etc.
    2.) Don't worry about hate mod gear. We don't need it and we especially should not be wasting slots on hate + gear. Focus on DPS. Crit/MultiAttack, AGI, Crit Bonus, Potency, Procs, etc
    3.) Do not put points into any hate or xfer AAs. Complete and utter waste.
    The more dps you do, the more hate you xfer, the quicker you kill. Don't go wasting gear slots and adorn slots on silly hate mod gear. I hardly rip in my nightly group, and every group I have been in I have yet to rip, even if I am 4x more dps than the next one on the list. We have some good dehate procs, we have ignorant bliss poisons and hate xfer. That's good enough. If your tank is really terrible, dump your hate on a healer or something part way through the fight with Sleight of Hand.
    To answer your question, I do believe hate is transferred before it is mitigated by your hate mods, as in its a percentage of the raw hate you generate. But I could be wrong. I never gave enough of a crap to figure it out.
  4. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

I've gone down INT because feign has actually been very useful for me up until this point. Mostly when solo wandering around places that I shouldn't be, I can flop rather than die, and I've saved time in more than one group by flopping when we're wiping, so I can rez the priest. I do have STR/AGI otherwise for TS and Sailwind.
    You have a point though, and since I finally finished ER I might just respec and use my tinkered FD gizmo instead of the INT line. It's just the super long refresh on that thing that makes me cringe a bit.
    The slots that I've adorned -hate on, I think the only other options were health, power, +ministration or +ranged. Given those choices.. er.. I think I'd still go -hate just for the hell of it.
    I'll dump my build into a mirror and try a respec and see what it does to my threat meter and my dps. Thanks for the input. My curiosity still wants to know a definitive answer about the hate that goes to transfer though.
  5. ARCHIVED-OutcastBlade Guest

Well your reasons for INT are valid then. But from the tone of your post it seemed as if you were really wanting to beef yourself up and make yourself useful for raiding, so take it as that kinda advice.
  6. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

Jaremai@Guk wrote:
    The + ranged is actually a plus to all weapon skills, not just ranged. And more health means hopefully less dying and more DPS
  7. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

Well I respecced last night and did as suggested - went down WIS to Coule and left 1 point in Boot Dagger. I then growled rather loudly trying to find spaces on my hotbar for the two additional CAs.
    I haven't had a chance to do anything but smack a solo training dummy around, so I can't comment yet how this is impacting anything yet. Tonight is a play night for me so I'll see how I do in ERH.
  8. ARCHIVED-OutcastBlade Guest

You should. You have two new CAs, and more multi attack.