Harvesting tools no longer linked to tradeskill level.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Calamoor, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Spindle Well-Known Member

Could someone please refresh my memory: why was 'tinkerer only' removed in the first place?
    Thanks in advance
  2. Calthine Well-Known Member

To make Tinkering more valuable, lol. Windstalker just said on Twitter "talking to the team... [about it]"
    https://twitter.com/WindstalkerEQ2
  3. Spindle Well-Known Member

Thanks! It will be interesting to hear the result of discussion.
  4. Uberfuzzy Member

I think they were trying to remove the NOTRADE part, and someone misunderstood/went over zealous.

I asked at SOELive, about removing the NOTRADE from the Mirrors and the Harvest Depot (and to look into only making things NOTRADE/NOCOMMISION if they really really needed to be, not just to promote interacting with other users)

I just wanted them to be heirloom (like many NOTRADE crafted things were changed over the years), so I could make for my own alts, and someone on the dais said "we're going to look into removing NOTRADE from all crafting", and we got this hot mess. wonderful.
  5. Mysstie Well-Known Member

The Tinkered Skill requirement that many items originally had made it pointless to make to sell (even though you could put them on the broker to sell) because if someone had the necessary Tinkering Skill to use the item, they could just make the thing themselves anyway. I think this is what part of this update was also meant to change. Although, I do see the logic behind the Tinkering Skill requirement in order to operate the gizmo correctly without it exploding or something LOL.
  6. Calthine Well-Known Member

Change NO TRADE to heirloom, sure. Make Tinker = All, sure. Remove all crafting levels/class? ummmm.. nope.
  7. Uberfuzzy Member

listen closely, you wont hear me say this often, or ever possibly again "calthine is absolutely right"
  8. Calthine Well-Known Member

OMG. My life is complete.
  9. Blambil Active Member

Tinkered "call" belt still broken.
  10. Adaac Member

I'm curious why my overclocked harvesting tools used to reduce harvesting time by -2.5 seconds and are now only .5 seconds. .5 seconds is imperceptable to most people and makes no sense that it was nerfed
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The removal of crafting levels and classes was an accident. :p
  12. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Because harvesting used to take 5 seconds base, and now takes only 3. And you can stack the woodworker tools, tinker tools, and racial harvest speeds, where before you couldn't, so staying at -2.5s each would be a bit goofy.
    Calthine likes this.