Harvesting Difficulty

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Almee, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I'm having problems when using the lvl 95 node finder spell. When I use the spell the window shows a variety of nodes that are, I assume, based on how close the node is to my current position.

That part is fine. The problem begins when the window shows me several nodes, of an item I want, but the first one listed is in a nest of named or elites I'm not equipped to fight.

I try moving out of the range, of that node, but it isn't always possible. Clicking on the second node listed doesn't work. It just continues to show me the location of the first node, of the item I need.

I have no idea how difficult this would be to change, but it would be nice for us wimps, if it could be changed. The alternate idea would be to take nodes out of areas with dense elite populations (I can hear the screams of protest now). It's just an idea folks. It doesn't prevent anyone from going into nests of vipers if they want.
  2. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Nests of vipers are fun! Until you've ripped a lychee out of the stilled hand of your vanquished mob of choice, you haven't really harvested before.

-dramatic pause-

As for your tracking issue, I've never had a problem picking a node further down the list and having it track there. When did this problem start for you?
  3. Axterix Active Member

Like Avahlynn, I can't say I've had a problem picking out a second instance of the same type of node. Do it for the Healing Herb daily with a couple of my characters.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

I likewise have never had it continue tracking the same node after I selected another.

To be completely honest though I usually use it for shinies unless I'm etherwood hunting.

In any case it ought to track the one you select if you highlight it and click the OK button. There are plenty of nodes even in TOV that a low level can get at without getting squashed.
  5. Feara Well-Known Member

I have noticed here lately if I have selected a node from the list and I have decide I do not want that one when I select another one, it wigs. It eventually corrects itself.

A few things have been buggy of late. My main has an issue with the Merc window always being up regardless if the Merc is. The only way I can make it go away is to rehire and then dismiss. :confused:
  6. Almee Well-Known Member

I've been having problems with it in OP and VI. I have moved all over the place trying to find nodes, further down the list, but I keep getting the nodes located in one of the gullies that is loaded with elites and a nasty named. It is so annoying.
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, are you trying to click on the second one while you are in view of the first (around the elites), or are you moving around first, then clicking on the second one?
  8. Almee Well-Known Member

I try to move away from the first node. The problem is finding the spot where the first node doesn't automatically track on all similar nodes listed. It is a pita finding that spot. This is especially true around the town. So the drill is: Track a node. Find it is in the culvert. Move away to a spot where it shouldn't track. Try again. If the first node comes up try the second instance on the list. Get first node tracked instead of second node. Move away some more. Rinse and repeat.
  9. Avianna Well-Known Member

try canceling the first waypoint by typing /way
  10. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

If you move away from the first node, that changes your distance to all nodes. The one which was second may actually now be closer and show up as the first on the list. Try starting to track the second on the list while still standing as close to the first one as possible.
    Avianna and Finora like this.