Harvesting bags?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-duppsko, Aug 13, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-duppsko Guest

Hi!
    I remember a year or two ago i did a quest wich gave me a 10/12 slot harvesting bag. I think it was a harvesting tutorial quest. I can't seem to find the quest on my new toon. Has it been removed?
    Are there any other quests wich gives you this? Im only lvl23 and lvl20 in tradeskill atm. I am evil so I'm in Freeport.
  2. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

Pretty sure that it is still there. I did it on my latest character... I will see if I can find some info...

I found it on eq2i... Tutorial: Learning to Harvest

The NPC would be in the main Crafting area for each city... so WFP, NQ, Neriak, Tunare's Pages and Gorowyn.
  3. ARCHIVED-Liyle Guest

I think you mean the Meager Harvesting Bag. It was one of the rewards for the old Tradeskill Tutorial but is now attached to the harvesting tutorial Learning to Harvest. This shoud be available at any tradeskill, but if you are not seeing the "feather on head" for the quest maybe it's because you did the original quest? I did the new one with a new toon a couple of days ago and got the bag. I plan to do it again today with her rerolled version so I'll get back to you with the info.

I have noticed that between my first two rerolls most of the in-town quests were removed... so things have changed. I hadn't done the Isle quests and when there were pretty much no available quests in town I restarted so I could go back and do them for the armor and faction.
  4. ARCHIVED-duppsko Guest

I found the tradeskill tutorial NPCs. I got the +1 chest from him before. I think i got a bag also at that time but managed to sell/delete it.
    Well well.... looks like i'll have to wait for the other bag reward wich is at lvl40 or so i think.
  5. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

There shoudl be a harvesting trainer there though....

I picked up the quest for it on my arasai in Neriak...
  6. ARCHIVED-Oakleafe Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Liyle Guest

When you get to Enchanted Lands there is a collection quest of leaves that gives a very nice big bag. I used to collect shineys to get that bag on my PvP lowbee harvesters.
  8. ARCHIVED-sliderhouserules Guest

If your character has anything resembling a respectable STR number then you should be carrying strongboxes around instead of bags. Boxes make pretty much every bag worthless. There is no reason to carry bags if you can carry boxes. Even on my characters that have low STR (mages) the specialty bags (that only allow harvestables, for instance) are quite an annoyance and I prefer to use normal bags.
  9. ARCHIVED-duppsko Guest

Thanks all for the answers, but some of you misunderstood. I already have 24 slots bag. I'm just looking for bags that will only hold harvested stuff.
  10. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

The best one in game is the artisan's satchel which is a level 50 crafting quest reward... It holds 36 items (but only harvestables)

I think what these people mean is that you will have more space if you use larger containers (regardless of what you put in them) ;)
  11. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

sliderhouserules wrote:
    Most mages can't carry boxes, or at least only a few. Pretty much everone else can carry 6 boxes by level 12 or 15 with full T1 rare armor. Baby mages can get some boosts with str mastercrafted jewelry and adornments which should be pretty cheap, a full set of T2 mastercrafted may even get you enough STR to carry 4 boxes, esp if you find some str cloth gear.

As for a harvest only bags, eh... the only one worth it is the one from the fallen dynasty quest (do that as soon as you are level 50 crafter) because the others are 10 slots at most I think?
  12. ARCHIVED-Vodroc Guest

Well the biggest harvesting bag to be had, would be the one from the Isle of Mara (Village of Shin) requires a few faction quests, and that your tradeskill is 50+
    Here is the link to the jeweler one but you will get the idea. http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/The_Jeweler's_Mystery
  13. ARCHIVED-Kellin Guest

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:
    Nah, there's at least one that's 12 slots.

I have one character that I keep all my partial stacks of harvests on. I bank them in rosewood strong boxes, and with stuff from all 8 tiers, that's about 3 and a half boxes. When I'm harvesting, I rarely do more than 2 tiers per trip, so there's really no problem with my personal bag space.

I suppose I'm wondering why you'd want any of the harvest only bags. They're actually kind of annoying - I never carry one on me. If I'm adventuring instead of harvesting, that unusable bag space is actually a pain. I can't see any benefit in using them anywhere but in the bank, and then only if they're very large, like the Mara bag.
  14. ARCHIVED-Amitee Guest

Kellin@Permafrost wrote:
    Before I acquired the 36 slot harvesting bag, my harvests went all over my inventory. I was always in my inventory sorting harvests from loot. My main adventurer is also my main harvester, so I'm always stopping for harvests when I have time. The harvesting bag makes it so I dont have to sort anymore, and I maybe drop off my harvests and sort them out to my bank maybe once a week. I have 3 bags in my inventory deditcated to different sets of armor I wear, potions I carry, plus all the quests items, and stuff that I have for drop offs for other characters, guildies etc. While out adventuring, I rarely fill up even half a bag with loot (if I'm lucky), unless I don't get around to selling for several days, which is really rare. So the harvesting bag definately does not take up needed space.

So there is why I personally love the harvesting bag, and I'm sure alot of other people out there use the bag in the same way I do.
  15. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Amitee wrote:
    *raises hand*

I love my artisan's bag.. as soon as my alts all hit level 50 I race off to mara to get my hands on one immediately. Nothing more frustrating than watching mats scatter across 8 different containers during a long stint of harvesting. :p
  16. ARCHIVED-duppsko Guest

Yes, Amitee, thats what i meant :)
    Thank you all. Now i know what to look forward too.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kellin Guest

Amitee wrote:
    Ah. I guess I don't really have that problem. My last 3 bags are full of extra armor, quest garbage, keys, etc. The first three are kept empty for phat lewtz of all kinds. When I get back to town, I hit the NPC merchant to get rid of all the cash loot, then drop all my harvests into my bank. Since I keep my first 4 crates for harvests, the bank sorts them for me, and I skim out any full stacks to either be sold or stockpiled on another character.
    The other stuff (transmutables, collectibles, etc.) generally goes into shared so my alts can get what they need, then the rest goes to my brokering character.
    So yeah, I guess I see now why some people like the harvesting bag. But me, I get as many shinies filling bag slots as harvests when I'm out harvesting, so I prefer the non-restricted bags.