HARVEST LEVELS ARE BACK?!

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Rose, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Rose Well-Known Member

I have been so caught up with the real-world crisis, then when I logged in today, to give my mind a break from RL, I saw the levels back on harvests in our backpacks. ...didn't see a notice on the forums, nor in updates. Maybe I am not looking hard enough? I thought I might be SEEING THINGS or LOSING MY MIND?! Please tell me I am not losing my mind. Please don't change it again, and THANK YOU EQ2 for fixing it. I have a feeling that Developer Gninja had something to do with this!? :)

Okay... also please tell me Bristlebane isn't playing a prank on us, either!
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

They're back... but some are wrong.
    Planes of Prophecy and Chaos Descending materials are listed (and sorting in depots) as 110-119, when they should be 100-109, so they're intermixed with the Blood of Luclin mats that are correctly listed as 110-119
    Mercychalice, Rose, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

The Patch notes are here:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/update-notes-tuesday-march-24-2020.593997/

The particular item you were looking for is here, I bolded it for emphasis:

4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Which basically means that no, they hadn't fixed what was wrong in the first place, but thankfully, they did properly restore everything below those levels. :)

Now, if they could just fix what was broken and leave the rest alone, maybe we could hold off on the tar and feathering for awhile... ;->

Uwk
  5. Laita Well-Known Member

If you read the podcast transcripts it's basically a temp-fix until they figure out how they want to label them going forward (basically labelling them by xpac)
    Breanna, Rose, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yeah.. but that particular error didn't exist before they 'lost' the levels...
    Juraiya, Breanna, Tkia and 3 others like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm; I'd heard there were issues with those two expacs getting confuzzled, so they "fixed" the issue by ripping all the info away from all of them. :-/

Now, hopefully, they can just focus on those two (three?) tiers worth of mats. :)

Uwk
    Breanna, Rose and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

CD and PoP had the same values as eachother (100-109), but they did NOT have same value as BoL, which was listed as 110-119. For this expac AND when they'd removed the text indicating which levels mats were, BoL mats sorted seperate and 'above' PoP and CD mats. Since they (incorrectly) put text values back in, listing CD and PoP mats above their level, BoL mats are now 'mixed in' with the CD and PoP mats.
  9. Rose Well-Known Member

Thanks. I sincerely hope that they do find a way to fix the upper levels. HOWEVER, I also sincerely hope that, at the same, time they leave the 10 levels that are back to normal, to stay that way. :)
  10. Rose Well-Known Member

Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  11. Rose Well-Known Member

Also, sending thanks to Developer BUNJI. :) Could not reply in his original Updates post, so posting it here.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

Or they could go back to the sensible method of not issuing completely different mats for anything less than a complete 10 level tier. There are very good reasons why we didn't get new normal mats with the Faydwer, Moors and Velious expansions.
    Juraiya, Rose, Argosunited and 3 others like this.
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

Hey That's what I've been thinking, if we didn't level up then why not leave them the same harvesting nodes same goods because they are all for the same level. There was no need to put in a whole new harvesting tier.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's there:

I just followed the link you had. :)
    But you have to dig pretty deep to find it... :-/
    Uwk
    who also votes for, "fix the dang latest/greatest mat info, leave the fixed/restored levels alone." >:-/
    Rose and Breanna like this.