Happy Veteran's Day to...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by SteelPiston, Nov 17, 2012.

1. SteelPiston Active Member

I was thinking it would be nice for the game to acknowledge the long standing players somehow in the game. Nobody knows who the old timers are except their closest friends.

My idea would be for the game to announce the account age of a players oldest created character as a global message along the line of the one that occurs when you receive your mythical weapon. You know, something like "Norrath stands still for a moment to wish "Dirtyrat' a happy veterans day as a 7th year citizen of Norrath".

It wouldn't be practical to do every year or for every character, or the channels would be spammed none stop with messages. Maybe for 7th, 8th , 9th, 10th etc at the exact time and date the oldest character was created?
  2. Nynaeve Active Member

I think that is a great idea, but only if they build a statue of me first. I think before the Palace in Neriak would be good enough.
  3. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

You can has your statue, but only after they makes me a set of cheese plate armor for my appearance (hat optional). And sure, would be kinda neats to salute vet players, but I can see chat getting swamped pretty quickly, especially considering that this is still a decently populated game.