Happy Mardi Gras!

Discussion in 'Non-Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Grimwell, Feb 20, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Grimwell Guest

It's 'Fat Tuesday' and we all know what that means! It's time to collect some beads! Well, perhaps not for those of us who have to work in the morning, but I wanted to share my best wishes for a safe party for everyone who does get to kick their shoes off tonight! If you don't know why this celebration is so important in New Orleans you can click here to find out more!
  2. ARCHIVED-Loolee Guest

You got any beads big boy?
  3. ARCHIVED-valkry Guest

How do we start the bead collection quest? This might be a fun EQ2 holiday.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nurta Guest

It's not just Mardi Gras it's Faschnaut Day where I live anyway. I call them doughnuts b/c I'm from the South. These people go nuts over them here. The grocery stores set up drive thru stations so people can get their doughnuts without leaving their car. Our break room was full of these things and people were gorging themselves. My tummy is too sensitve for all that grease but wow I can see how Fat Tuesday got its' name :)
  5. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

What do you do with the beads once you've collected them? Or, do I want to know?
  6. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

*Rummages through his closet* I got some beads Loolee. :mrgreen:
  7. ARCHIVED-Loolee Guest

I wasn't asking you.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lader Guest

you throw them away, or keep them to use next year if youre going to be in a parade. They really are a nuisance, and funny when tourists come to new orleans and buy them in like august.... but to get the beads, women must show the boobies! well, not legally, but the cops usually look the other way. or, watch while they ignore the rulebook :p