Hadden Earring

Discussion in 'Quests and Live Events' started by ARCHIVED-Maroger, Sep 8, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

Please do something about this Heritage quest. It is just too ghastly to have to trudge through Nektulost castle and do the daughters just to get to Lord Everling. Please make this darn thing shorter. If one toon has done the whole quest give us some like you did for SPEAK like dragon so we can go right to Everling.
  2. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Nektulos Castle is one of the most fun group zones ever. Let's not change it for a lazy player.
    Each toon does NOT have to do the access quest. Simply find ONE person who will go with you that can open the doors. Ask and offer a tip, for heaven's sake!
  3. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    This.
    I have run through Nektropos with 6 alts in the past few weeks, doing the various heritage quests that require you to kill Everling. I even picked up A Missing Mask while in there. It's all considerably less difficult than it was back in the day.
    It's certainly not hard to get the access. I actually went through the access for AA despite the fact I could have gotten my husband to log on & take me down to Everling.
    In the grand scheme of things, getting down to Everling is not even a blip on the aggravation meter for me (unless you get unlucky & get bugged after doing the quest & still not have access).
  4. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

I just hate the quest as all the stuff in Nektulos takes way too long. They really ought to make changes for thos just doine the earring. If they can change Speak like A Dragon - no reason they can't give you a pass on Hadden's earring too.
  5. ARCHIVED-Resstful Guest

Finora@Everfrost wrote:
    I agree with both of you.
    My husband and I create new toons just to experience the 'old school' method of leveling and we both fully enjoy Nek Castle and the Everlings.
    It's also great fun to run again for the Earring of the Solstice.
    If the OP hates doing parts of Heritage quests then why the heck is the OP DOING the Heritage quests?
    Early levels of EQ2 are some of the best parts of EQ2 for lore and exploration AND QUESTING.
    If one hasn't purchased all the L&L items one can complete a couple of L&Ls in and about Nek Castle while learning all about the Everlings and getting what is necessary for Hadden's Earring.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

OH yes, I knew that arguement would come up. the changed Speak like a dragon, they can change this.
    the only thing they did for Speak was give an option for toons on the same account/server to bypass the rune gathering.
    you still have to to do the instance to save the sage. you still have to go to Nagafen, you still have to do to oratoruim to get to nagafen's gong. your alt just doesn't have to collect the 26 runes. oh and you also have to do the giant language. hell that can be more time consuming then collecting the runes if the RNG hates you that day.
    frankly, even at level doing all of Nek castle doesn't take but maybe 45 minutes if you know what your doing. and most of that is just the running around.
    if the castle is grey, then it takes even less time.
    and lets also not forget that Heritage quests are entirely optional. that earring isn't so special that it an't be replaced with 1sp totems from the broker. or if you tinker, by a gnomish rebreather clicky.
    and most people wouldn't bother at all with speak like a dragon if it wasn't for the fact that Epic Repercussions requires you speak Draconic. which was the case of most people just waited till they where on epic repercussions, then did speak like a dragon were it takes, even if you have to collect the runes, 2 hours, tops.
    and like previous posters said, you don't even have to do the lockets. just ask for someone with access to open the door to the basement for you. prolly tip them a few plat and bingo, there you are.
  7. ARCHIVED-Malleria Guest

Or recognize that it's an obsolete timesink and just unlock the doors for everyone. Problem solved.
  8. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Malleria wrote:
    If it aint broke dont fix it. you have a perfectly vaible solution get someone who has done it before to come with you and perhaps mentor to your level so they dont ignore the grey mobs that will agro you as a lower level player.
    It is no different then asking someone to help you get into nagafen's lair through the empty version of The Oratorium of Thyr or asking someone to lead them into the empty version of Vasty Deep: The Vestigial Cella to get the dragon blood for epic repercussions.
    Ether get a friend to lead you to everling or do it yourself. Nek castle isn't hard it just takes some effort.
  9. ARCHIVED-Malleria Guest

General_Info wrote:
    Removing pointless timesinks makes for a happier player base. Remember when they added the faction-purchasable house item to teleport to Skyshrine? Was it needed? Nope. Was it helpful in removing a pointless timesink? Heck yes.
  10. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Malleria wrote:
    what the devs has done in the past doesn't set a precedent this isn't a judical system they aren't in any way bound to change other things as a result. you have two options both which are viable ether go through it alone or get someone who has access to help you.
    The quests aren't around for you to pick them up and then ding and get the reward like candy -just- because you took the quest. would you expect your boss to pay you just for turning up for work and then not doing any?
    If you want the earring take the effort to get it.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gilasil Guest

Malleria wrote:
    They are NOT pointless. They're part of the freaking game.
    I'm currently doing the Haddan's Earring quest just for fun. On an Iksar no less -- which has a racial ability of water breathing. I don't need it, probably will never equip it, but I'm having fun anyway.
    I've done quests for gear I can't equip or which is inferior to what I"m already wearing just to do the quest. Ok, the status points are nice although writs are a quicker way of getting them.
    Since Skyshrine is part of the newest expansion, I'd say any tweaks to that are just part of the usual post release fine tuning they invariably do (are they tweaks? I thought you could buy the gate to Skyshrine the day the expansion released). Haddan's Earring and Nektropolis Castle have been in since EQ2 released.
    If you don't like the quest -- if you consider it a pointless time sink for example -- don't do it. It's that simple.
    As for me, I've methodically doing all the heritage quests I can -- at level -- on some of my low level alts. I'm having fun whether or not I'll use the reward.
    It would ruin the quest if they made it too easy. I hope they don't.
  12. ARCHIVED-Malleria Guest

Gilasil wrote:
    Yes they are pointless.
    No it wasn't in the update at launch, it was added to alleviate the stupidity of having to fly across Withered Lands every single time you wanted to get to Skyshrine.
    It's not a matter of the quest being a pointless timesink, it's having to do a silly and often buggy time consuming quest to gain access to a pathetic 30s heroic boss on each and every character when just about every other similar access quest has been removed from the game for being... pointless!
  13. ARCHIVED-Hermmit Guest

Seriously, Nek Castle takes like maybe 20 min to do solo...even at level. Also, there isn't an "access quest" for it. It's the script for the zone. This game isn't that hard. If it's too time consuming for you, you honestly shouldn't be playing an MMO period.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Maroger wrote:
    I agree, it would be nice to have an heirloom key to the doors to pass on to your alts for nek castle. I have done the lockets probably 50 times for my toons and helping others get it and it is still fun, but it is time consuming and I can see why everyone doesn't want to do the whole shebang everytime they go in to get the earring.
    It is no skin off my nose if someone doesn't want to repeat all door access quests with all their alts.
    As for the earring, it is still my favorite buff of all time because it lasts long enough that I don't have to worry about it coming off during an afternoon of adventuring. (would like it to be a use from inventory item but that is for another thread)
  15. ARCHIVED-Freejazzlive Guest

I just waited until Nek Castle grey'd out. Pretty easy to do all the HQs that involve killing Everling.
    If you want to do it at level, bring a friend to help you through the access quests.