Guild Halls

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Thetmes, Mar 19, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

Anychance of getting some new ones that are either based on what city they are in such as Goro theme, Ner theme, New Halas theme or Kel theme. Also some of the new housing such as the Researchers Sanctum would be great for a GH if possable. I know some of the arguments that making SC housing avail for GH is that if the leader decides to kick everyone who gets what and all that ( if the guild leader did not pay for the hall with his or her SC that is ). There are a bunch of Family guilds out there though that a SC option would work for though for a GH.

On anouther note would it be possable to have an Account house that you could put some of the GH Amenities in. I know that personaly I have all my Research Assistance in one house I also have the tinker depot in there. However if I wish to do TS writs I need to either zone to the hall to grab a writ or use one of the summon spells that last for 30 min. I would rather just pay a fee in status and plat to have the writ guy in the house though along with a full size depot and the gathers and fuel merch.
  2. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

There was a plan under a different Sr Producer and different Lead Designer to add guild halls specific to the zone, like Halas, Gorowyn, Faydwer, etc.

But the long and the short of it is, Guild Halls already work extremely well, one of the most polished features of EQ2, so attention has been directed elsewhere at things that need the most work.

So basically once everything else in EQ2 is sorted, then they'll work on more Guild Hall designs. I would have loved a Halas guild hall, but I'm not counting on it.
  3. ARCHIVED-7foggynites Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    The long and short of it's that there'll never be a perfect time.
    The more that developers judge these kinds of things to be less important then the less we'll see of them and, you know, what's out of sight tends to be out of mind. You know that quote from the 1989 movie "Build it and they will come."? That's not always true, but in some cases it's the make or break. Not everything is preordained, some things depend a lot more strictly on WHAT HAPPENS and dynamically alter themselves to fit those set of circumstances.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ1dZhh0_RQ
    What I'm saying is that not everything is predictable. Humans aren't just numbers.
    If we always only depended on what we know or expect, we'd still live in caves. Risk is part of life. Many people have lived and died solely on their passions. Sometimes a mistake is your saving grace. We don't know everything.