Guild Hall Housing Portal

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by NrthnStar5, Dec 21, 2014.

1. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Now that alts are automatically house trustee's, I've found that the guild hall house portal does not recognize this. Therefore, the only way to have your alts houses show up in the Guild Hall Housing Portal is to manually put your alts in as trustees.

Could the Guild Hall Housing Portal be updated to reflect that all alts are trustee's of our houses?
    Milliebii likes this.
  2. Prrasha Well-Known Member

I actually prefer the current way, since it gives you the choice of having them listed or not.

(lots of alts) x (lots of houses) = (big ol' list on the guildhall portal)

I prefer to control that list, since, for instance, all my crafters have their research assistants in one house. The owner's name isn't at the top, alphabetically. I'd rather not have to scroll down 9 times a day to zone into the right place.
    Anghammarad likes this.
  3. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

It worked fine before they changed it. The search/sort worked quite well. What I dislike about this change is that when it was introduced, it wiped the names of all the alts that were already entered. Since I have a ton of houses and have a personal guild just to manage the housing/alts, the thought of having to enter all those names again is just as daunting to me as it was to those who wanted the trustee ability automatic for all their alts so they wouldn't have to go through the trouble to go from house to house if another alt was added or another house was purchased.

So my opinion is: this change supposedly bugged my GH portal by wiping out the names of this account's many alts. Houses that were already entered had disappeared and can no longer be searched unless I go back and enter the names again. Although I like the idea that all alts gain trustee access automatically, I am not too happy about the alts being removed from the GH portal and agree with the OP.
  4. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Options > no options.

Especially when the "option" way requires input once, and the "no option" way requires input every time you hit the guildhall portal. (And when the "option" way requires nothing, and the "no option" way requires devs to re-code things again.)
  5. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

Options > no options is mostly subjective in this case and is a personal preference in how to go about managing alts, crafters and housing. Some individuals obviously like it as simple as possible requiring the least amount of data input as possible, whereas other individuals want to see all the housing that belong to alternative characters and don't mind the few seconds it takes to type in a name and sort addresses if necessary.

I still agree with the OP that an auto-add trustees for the GH housing portal would be a most welcome addition.