Guild Functions and chat

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Yiloth, Feb 14, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Yiloth Guest

Is there going to be any Guild Functionality built into eq2players website?
    The old site had Guild chat. Is that going to be there?
    Also would be nice to see Guild Management functions, such as promote member, view Guild event log, ect..
    Fan sites will not be able to do these types of things because of authentication.
    I see this as being a major beneft to using eq2players.
  2. ARCHIVED-NEROLATHE Guest

This. It hasn't even dawned on me yet, but as far as I know we haven't heard anything about the guild section of EQ2Players, assuming we will once again have one... I use to use the old EQ2Player's guild site feature for my old guild back when I last managed one. It could be quite decent and was plenty easy to use for me. I hope we once again have some kind of website and such for our guilds again.
    As for Guild Chat out of game? That was just awesome, seriously I can't think of another word....It made a lot of things convienent. Especially when I couldn't be in-game because I had to do something else on the computer. EQ2's not known to be the easiest on the system, so I couldn't run it and do other things.. Loved being able to just log onto guild chat, continue my conversations or help others.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

Guild chat on the web was what I paid for, with the old EQ2players, and would be happy to pay for again. If that an nothing else worked on Players I'd be happy. Other guild functions would be good too, like being able to edit the guild history (if you're a person that has permission in the game to edit it). Being able to see what's in the guild bank would also be useful. Just before the old Players closed there was also a facility to sort the guild roster in various ways, which was theoretically useful, although in practice it was showing everyone being a level 14 crafter.
  4. ARCHIVED-Jack Orb Guest

The chat server was still up and running until a few weeks ago, long after EQ2Players was taken down for those who knew how to access it. Unfortunately it seems to have stopped running recently. I did ask a similar question at the time but haven't had an answer either.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=514081
  5. ARCHIVED-digichwisd00d Guest

Bump.. anyone able to connect?
  6. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Guild Chat was built on an implementation of Jabber that has caused some problems in the past. There has been an intention for a long time to move to a new system. I had hoped they could leave the current Guild Chat system available (even though it's a pain to use) while the new system is being worked on, but that didn't happen. I haven't heard any word on when Guild Chat is coming back.
    I don't see any of the other guild functionality like changing ranks, viewing the guild bank, etc. coming back any time soon.