Guild/Character Name exploiting just prior to server merges

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Anastaise, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Anastaise Active Member

I would like to suggest that guild and character name changes be suspended for the servers that are slated for merging in hopes that other guilds are not subjected to the harassment that our guild just suffered.

I have screenshots the day before and the day the merge completed that proves a low level guild from Butcherblock with an earlier formation date was purposely purchased and name changed to our guild name. This is a blatant exploit of game mechanics to harass our guild. This issue has been petitioned and hopefully will be corrected in a timely manner.

This situation could have been easily avoided had all forms of name changes been disabled prior to the merge. I'm sure that we can't be the only victims of this kind of abuse. Good luck to everyone else with upcoming merges and hopefully you won't have to suffer like those of us in this first merger.
    Siren, Bloodguts and Livejazz like this.
  2. Foretold Well-Known Member

Checks guild name... exploits...hahah... nothing new to see here.

Sorry that happened to your guild. I actually do hope the petition comes out in your favor.
    Wirewhisker, Prissetta and Livejazz like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's kind of depressing the lengths some people will go to be jerks :confused:
    I hope the petition works out in your favor.
    Prissetta, Siren and Livejazz like this.
  4. Anastaise Active Member

I'm happy to report that this was fixed. Thank you Daybreak.

I just hope no one else has to go through this.
    Prissetta, Siren, Enoibia and 2 others like this.
  5. Foretold Well-Known Member

That... is awesome :D Good Job standing up to the new bullies on the block.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Glad you got it fixed. Just as a note for young readers, pulling a stunt like this is "griefing". Utilizing some element of the game in a way it wasn't intended to be used to gain advantage or wealth is "exploiting".
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

Wow, yeesh! That's great that Daybreak stood behind you though, grats!
    Livejazz likes this.
  8. enada Member

I know the pain well.my guild name was taken by a level 3 guild formed in 2004
    Livejazz likes this.
  9. Lucus Well-Known Member

any characters renamed between the announcement of the mergers coming and the merges should not take priority over an active toon which has not changed their name since the announcement.
  10. Muph Active Member

This is literally why no one plays EQ2 anymore. People are upset for all the wrong reasons.

Oh no, you and your other 4 accounts won't have the name that no one ever sees because you group only with yourself and never go out in "public" in EQ2! The humanity!
  11. enada Member

so you know everything about my guild???for starters is more than 4 accounts,althpugh you are close to the level 3 guild having 5 accounts.maybe you are the person who bought old gulds from ebay and changed their names the day before the merger.i do not know you and you do not know me.i would suggest you get the facts before expressing an opinion on a matter you know nothing about
  12. Muph Active Member

I'd suggest you read between the lines. This isn't 2008, no one knows who your guild is, what they've done, and that's because no one has cared for about seven years. Sorry you may end up losing a name, but it's just that. If you think a guild is a guild because of the letters in between these <> characters, you're sorely mistaken, has absolutely everything to do with the people IN that guild, not the guild's name. Afterlife could have been called <Pink Furry Bunnies> and they still would have cleared the same content and had the same notoriety.
  13. Eliohia2 Active Member

just curious who is Afterlife? Never heard of them.....
    (edited to add no I am not joking I really have never heard of them. I am assuming they are some kind of Raid Guild?)
  14. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I wonder if DBG would help me with the name I lost? Someone had the name Smallmedium 2 days before me apparently, 6 days of played time, hadn't logged in till the day after mergers were announced, then logged in on the 10th of october for a minute or less. They have yet to log in on Maj'Dul... I log my Smallmedium (now smallmudiumz) in every day, I don't adventure a lot, but she is lvl 100 crafter/84 channeler (a tiny fairy with every size shrinking illusion I can get on her, hence the name I chose; small and a channeler/medium). I did the Qho questline... upgraded pony and all... that alone should give me more points toward keeping the name intact. XD
  15. Juni Member

So what are the Right Reasons then? And what makes YOUR reasons Right and Anyone else's Reason wrong?
    I guess you are the Sole person in Charge of saying what is Right and Wrong?
  16. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Well, gosh, I guess next time before anyone gets upset over something, we'll all be sure to ask you for permission & approval. After all, we wouldn't want to offend your sensibilities of "right" & "wrong."

Actually quite a few people still play EQ2, so your entire post began with not merely a falsehood, but one which borders on "non sequitur" status.

I'm sorry, who?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  17. Lucus Well-Known Member

this isnt the first time there has been a merge, DBG should have expected some underhanded people trying to take names and marked who is active before announcing the mergers, if player A is actively playing a month before the merge was announced and player B logs in for 1 minute after years of absence after the merge is announced and then logs out, player A should have name priority over player B.

the same for guild/charater renames, someone who has held a name before mergers were annouced should have priorty over someone that renamed after the merge was announced.
  18. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Actually, "not people person" type people like you are what I find the most distasteful about any game. :\ "They don't think the way I think or play the way I do, so I'm going to act like they don't matter or be mean to them because that makes me feel good" or whatever is behind this attitude.
    There are ways around every problem, yet people will hammer others into the ground for being upset about something that was taken away or broken... What a lovely life you must have.
  19. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I went to Tha Googlez and this is all I could find on Afterlife:

It's not a place you go, it's a place that comes to you...