Guide Program

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Suleman, Apr 5, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-ScottAdams Guest

Five months later but I just got my invite to the program! I am excited!
    I look forward to helping others enjoy EQ2 even more.
    :smileyvery-happy:
  2. ARCHIVED-Limneia Guest

It took five months for 'em to get to yer app??!!

Well there goes meh ever havin' a hope or a dream o' gettin' in...'tis but a week ago I applied...I was bugged also so I only got to finish jus' over half o' thee application...So even if they ever actually do get 'round to readin' meh app. I doubt I would make thee cut...

/sad panda
  3. ARCHIVED-spider_512 Guest

That sound's fun , but too bad I am not 18 and can't join. I understand why you don't want people younger then 18 though.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kylania Guest

It's not that they don't want people under 18, but legally can't use volunteers under 18.
  5. ARCHIVED-ForsakenFyre Guest

I have a question about the guide program. How much time are guides expected to commit to being a guide, say per week?
  6. ARCHIVED-Ishnar Guest

I also would like to know how much time the guide is expected to spend guiding?
    Is guiding something you can do while playing normally? Something like a tell comes in asking a question and I can answer?
    Ishnar
  7. ARCHIVED-FizzieQ Guest

it is my understanding that your play characters and your guide characters are totally different. I believe also that the amount of time you spend guiding is related to what your doing ie questing/roleplaying or CS/training. if you /who all guide in game you might be able to find a guide who can answer the questions for you.
  8. ARCHIVED-Sebastien Guest

Neriak still hasn't been added to the list of servers one can choose from when applying as a guide.

Give us love pls. =)
  9. ARCHIVED-Htaed Guest

Runnyeye and Splitpaw aren't on list, are they going to be added or is there a different method of applying for guide program on Euro servers
  10. ARCHIVED-Traldan Omegafyre Guest

I'd love to be a Guide, but I'm not 18...:(
  11. ARCHIVED-Nithavellir Guest

First of all, it's good to see that we will now experience more guidance and RPing from the guideprogram with the LU17. That sure will give more diversity to questing, and that can only make one happy :p
    But with that said i want to complain about Splitpaw and Runnyeye is missed in action on the serverlists (I dunno weather the German or French servers are missing too). I'm not gonna be a guide, as i'm not that familiar with EQlore in any aspect (Newbie! :/), tho i'd still love to be able to participate in guide event(s) as i know it brings more roleplay (=fun) to the game. Please adress this issue SoE as you now are going to get more guides available for the players, though it seems as your loyalty only lies with USplayers/servers.
    And it should be obvious to you that many EUplayers are as much devoted to EQ as any other.

Regards
  12. ARCHIVED-Oumana Guest

I applied to the EQ2 Guide Program about a month ago...and thankfully, I go into formal guide training tonight!!!
    I'm really excited about partcipating in this new aspect of the game. For me, helping other players has always been one of the most gratifiying parts of the Everquest. I completed the online form with no issues, including giving my password. The enitre process has been very professional and well run...
    I'd suggest if anyone has an interest in helping the community, you apply to be a guide.
    Oumania
  13. ARCHIVED-ScottAdams Guest

Message deleted by poster.
    Message Edited by ScottAdams on 12-03-2005 03:56 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-salerene Guest

heh I'd love to be a guide, but I put up with enough crazy people in RL. really don't have the patients for EQ2 crazed people :smileytongue:
  15. ARCHIVED-ScottAdams Guest

16. ARCHIVED-andersonim Guest

wondering the same thing..... link is broken, and cant find the guide app anywere:[
  17. ARCHIVED-ScottAdams Guest

18. ARCHIVED-dom420 Guest

Don't get too excited about finding the app. I filled one out and got accepted. They said the earliest training could begin is 6 months from now.
  19. ARCHIVED-hiLLbiLLyTX Guest

I am not interested in becoming a guide simply because I am a newbie to EQ2, however, reading this thread, it seems there are players who have choosen to become "guides" and help other players.
    Is this done while playing the game? and if so, how do you summon a guide while playing? Will he/she tell you where you might find a mob that you can't find to complete a quest, etc., etc?
  20. ARCHIVED-ScottAdams Guest

You can do a
    /who all guides
    to see if there are any guides online while you play. I think they also show up as GMs too. Personally in my year of playtime in EQ2 I have never seen a guide on but I know others have.
    I hear you will find guides will love to roleplay with you but they will not be giving out any secrets about the game. They also may even share a free treat or two with you too.