GUIDE: Ian's Forgetful Family I-VI (lvl 20 Ranger armor quests)

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Maul, Dec 22, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Samadi Guest

Good post. I must say though, I think you can solo Grolven Chiptooth if you kite him properly. At level 23 I can solo him (blue^^) and I grouped with a 24 ranger yesterday that claimed to do it at 21. He is the one that gave me the idea to try it.
  2. ARCHIVED-CyahLaytar Guest

Thanks for the post, it really helped, especially on AQ 5 and 6.

Beowolfe
    Unrest
  3. ARCHIVED-Nari Guest

I sadly have no concept of kiting. What did you do to Chiptooth?
  4. ARCHIVED-Davilan77 Guest

Concur. Tinker Spindlacog gives the matching Helm for our armor.

For those of you that don't want to mess up your centaur faction just yet, you can get some rather easy armor quests from the Watcher of the Fields. He gives 5 different quests. I have only completed one so far, but got a nice set of boots that were only a few points different from the AQ boots.

If you like to harvest in TS, it is easier without having centaurs chasing you.

Kwent
    where is the watcher of the fields?
    Message Edited by Davilan77 on 04-14-2005 09:41 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Landroval Guest

say...i was having too much fun in ts killing stuff that i noticed i got to lvl 26 and i'm only on aq3(sh part)...you reckon i can solo all aq from now on(3-6)?.......:smileysurprised:
  6. ARCHIVED-Maul Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Sulas Guest

I hit 26 before completeing AQ3. You can solo most of AQ3 but will definintely need some help with the Cavaliers in SH.

I've been told I can solo AQ4 and AQ5 but haven't started yet. I bought an Imbued Pristine Forged Carbonite Tunic, so I'm not sure I'll even do AQ6.
  8. ARCHIVED-kyshander Guest

It was a lot easier to solo the final parts of the AQ for Ranger than it was to do the first few....
  9. ARCHIVED-StealthM0de Guest

{Off Topic}
    In regards to reply #41...

Grolven Chiptooth...

Solod at 22 yesterday. The key is poisons. I use two rares and one common poison. Currently for testing purposes far as "stacking".

These posoins are:
    Translucent Fluxbladed Visions (high DD high DoT)
    Touch of the beholder (STUNs target) This stopped Grolven in his tracks while I sat back and picked him off at range.
    Translucent retribution of the sky (lowers miti vs. piercing)

I get these poisons from two vendors currently. Moleni, and Rijacki. Both are excellent alchemists and for the right price will craft rare poisons for you. I do not know how busy they are atm, but send 'em a tell and if available I am sure they will let you know.

Far as the AQ's I don't think I have done any of them yet. Most of my armor is from the market. But I am going to do all the AQ's anyway, if for nothing else then the experience of it. 8)
  10. ARCHIVED-Takoma Guest

Finished the AQ today, V and VI are soloable. I saved Centaurs till last thinking it would be easier to get around.
    1) Ott came at me with his two bears and 2 other Giants followed him. I just focused on Ott (he went down quick) then used escape.
    2) Took care of the Centaurs and I noticed they didnt go KOS after I was done. I can only assume this is because my killing the local Gnolls builds Faction with them. After I killed more Gnolls bringing my faction back up (Great Herd Faction).
    A tactic I use since I mostly solo (lvl 26) is I start with Bow CA and depress my ranged attack button. I use the D key to circle my target as they chase me around as I side step in circles. The target gets in close enough that I can use a melee attack between bow shots so right after my melee CA my ranger fires an arrow. This works for me because it allows time for all my CA's to power back up. Now if your taking on a group this tactic makes you spin in a circle after the Mob goes down. I target the next mOB and start backing up and start the process over. It takes a little work but you'll notice you maintain alot more health in the process. This doesn't work as well against Magic users. Another thing isuse your W and S keys to divert yourself away from other MOBs.

Lobos Spiritwolf lvl 26 Ranger
    Reminition (Befallen)
  11. ARCHIVED-Spec-ops Guest

this was very helpful for me, thank you
  12. ARCHIVED-Tierk Guest

I just got AQ6 and I didn't have to kill any centaurs. It looks like they've been replaced by bears.

Edit :: Ok, I'm dumb... After actually STARTING it and trying to kill a few bears and finding that didn't work, I realized, to my chagrin, that it is indeed Steelhoof hunters that are required for AQ6. Sorry about that.
    Message Edited by Tierk on 10-17-2005 08:05 PM
    Message Edited by Tierk on 10-17-2005 08:06 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-comwebgr Guest

Can you post a pic of the armor?
  14. ARCHIVED-Dasanhgul Guest

Ranger AQ Armor pics (the green coloring was added in LU 13 if I'm not mistaken)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

PS: maybe next time I remember to show the helmet :smileytongue:
  15. ARCHIVED-Mentla Guest

I can't seem to get a group together for love nor-money. Managed to solo the knights but the sabers are too tough - any easy camps around?
  16. ARCHIVED-Mentla Guest

Where might I find this watcher chap?
  17. ARCHIVED-Dasanhgul Guest

18. ARCHIVED-Mentla Guest

Ooo, they look like fun solo quests! Thanks!
  19. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Oooooo that armor will look good against my purple skin :D
  20. ARCHIVED-Mentla Guest

I don't remember the short-form for it but pointless without a picture mate :)

By the way, how would one insert a picture into a post?