[Guardian] What AD3 in the level 30-39 range would you choose ?

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Babass, Dec 30, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Babass Guest

Hi all,

First, please excuse my bad english, as it s not my native language.

Today, I finally grabbed a rare T4 gem ( in EL ), and now I wonder what spell would be the best choice.
    This will be my first AD3 in this Tier, and all the spell i currently use are all APP3 or AD1.
    I play my guardian in a very defensive style ( well like most guardians i guess :smileywink: ), so i d prefer taking a defensive combat art or a taunt.
    I want to take a spell that will last me a long time ( if possible one i d still use when 50 ), so i deliberatly removed all the group hp / ac and/or sta buffs, we will get upgrades of these in the 40's.

I m considering taking Dig in
    ( 30.6 - Dig In : Decreases offense and slows movement but increases defense and mitigation )

Ho and btw, what does stifle do ? I dont get the proper translation, and i m confused about the effect

Any comment / suggestion / feedback ?
  2. ARCHIVED-Wasuna Guest

Well, I used my Teir 3 rare to get AD3 of shouting cry and never had a moments thought about it after I made the decision. I have already decided that if I get a rare in Teir 4 it's going to the level 36 group taunt again.
  3. ARCHIVED-Azryal Guest

Not Dig In!!

My pics would be....
    1.) Smothering Cry
    2.) Smothering Cry
    3.) Smothering Cry
    4.) etc. etc.
  4. ARCHIVED-Babass Guest

I didnt choose the ae taunt as my first choice, cause we get plenty of upgrades later on, and cause I actually have no prob at all holding aggro on me ( xcept with a zerk guildie, but that s another story ;) )

Well maybe i ll get smothering cry.
    [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] i need another rare T4 ink-component :smileyvery-happy:
  5. ARCHIVED-Azryal Guest

We get upgrades to almost everything....hehe I wouldnt make that the SOLE basis for a choice.
    Message Edited by Azryal on 12-30-2004 12:59 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Fable_EQ2 Guest

Ever enter a battle and you cannot cast because you were stunned or something like that.. thats a stiffle :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Vandamear Guest

Lol, just standing there speechless, unable to move or say anything as the Mage wonders how come he was able to pull agro this time. [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] enchanter mobs.

But in all seriousness you might even consider selling the component as our skills are not as important as the AC of our armor. Nor would you get the same benefit out of an Adept 3 skill as a Mage or Priest would. Beyond our taunts, self buff and group buff’s any extra damage we might get from an Adept 1 vs. an Adept 3 would be negotiable compared to the group damage average. Even our buff’s and group buffs are relatively weak compared to a Priest Archetype. Our class is defined by our taunts and AC, anything else is simple icing.
  8. ARCHIVED-Fable_EQ2 Guest

I'd also add HPs in there.. I soak so much AE dmg that HPs are very important. Eventually you will get upgrates to that stuff so consider selling or using it for Smothering Cry (AE taunt) or Safeguard (an ability I love) as they don't get upgraded til much later.
    Message Edited by Fable_EQ2 on 01-02-2005 06:32 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-TunaBoo Guest

Just did supres today. Loved it. I tried on a level 35 or so mob in a full group witha 35 wiz and 32 assassin and 32 summoner (I'm 32 guard). Did 1 supress and just meelee. Held aggro for the entire time. So it seems to be pretty strong ;) Main reason I did it is for more hate to peel back when I lose aggro though.