Guardian vs Infiltrator

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sowy, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Sowy Active Member

• Corrected an issue with damage variance on several Skyshrine Guardian and Skyshrine Infiltrator abilities that allowed them to hit for higher then intended amounts.
    Please god don't "nerf" the infiltrator. It's just barely tolerable as it is, I can't imagine what it would be like "nerfed"....
    Guardian was pure garbage. Instead of nerfing the infiltrator maybe beef up the Guardian?
    Ruckus likes this.
  2. learpilot74 Active Member

Hello, welcome to Daybreak. You have zero callers ahead of you while you wait for then next available representative. You're time is complete unimportant to us. Estimated wait time is...well whatever. That is pretty much their attitude. They lack real new content so all they have is ridiculous overused time sinks to stall their customers.
    Mizgamer62, Sydnye and Ruckus like this.
  3. Mathafern Well-Known Member

I will try this out this evening before I complain.

But I may be catching up on my Netflix queue very soon.
    Meneltel and Billzbub like this.
  4. Uxtalzon Active Member

Too bad there's no specifics. Infiltrator's main damage comes from a skill that has a 50% success rate. The last boss fight is basically spam damage and heals and hope he dies first. Nerfing anything may result in a roll of the die as to whether or not you win or lose in conjunction of maximizing best use of given skills. I know it may be condescending to be asked this often, but, was this tested? :p

"You wanted more balance in PG? Here you go. You're welcome."
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

My suspicion is to try slow you down in solos, so the group zones become more viable again.

But really, they should have just doubled the token reward for group zones.
    Azian, Mizgamer62, Mermut and 2 others like this.
  6. Conifur Well-Known Member

I saw that and immediately figured they are trying to slow us down. It is a bore currently but something I must do, I won't if it takes longer now.
  7. Gelenor Well-Known Member

A consequence of this damage change I think will be more complaints from people locked in combat in solo PG fight with no power. There are a couple of ways to avoid this..(flight or fight mode). but for many it will just frustrate the player base to a greater extent.
  8. Kickya Active Member

before patch ( over 50 runs ) using the scout toon I average out having roughly 10% HP 10% power i shudder to think what its like post patch nerfed

if its so bad were gonna end up running with the guardian and runs lasting what 15 mins per run perhaps

cant test atm tho, PG wont let me in lol
  9. Mathafern Well-Known Member

The power thing on the last fight is what concerns me.
    I'm not fine with the notion of slowing down the PG after it has been out a while- IMO the game should progress such that players feel stronger over time not weaker.
    But that last fight is a near thing for me sometimes as it was- with this change I expect to die often. At which point I suppose I can tag the guardian and come back and finish.
    Mermut likes this.
  10. Shmogre Well-Known Member

If it helps, I've run it twice today and it doesn't seem that different from yesterday.

The first time (on Infiltrator), I ran out of power during the final fight, but only because of the rackafrackin' osseous mofo who would not leash and kept casting his mumblegrumbling target lock on me. I let myself die and then ran back through, being sure to avoid the ones at the end, and killed the final named with little problem.

Second run, I just avoided the last three osseous guys entirely (hugging the right wall after the final portal fell) and had no problems with the final fight. Keep the lightning buff up, watch for his detriment that you need to cure, and stay targeted on the named (not the add). Also, keep an eye on the countdowns for your skills and only cast them when you need to (rather than spamming them), that will help with power consumption a bit.

(Obligatory "Your mileage may vary" butt-covering statement here.)
    Prissetta and Snikkety like this.
  11. Kari Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, that is very reassuring. I was a bit concerned about power on the last name when I saw the patch notes.
    Shmogre likes this.
  12. Mathafern Well-Known Member

I've had a chance to test the change; previously I managed about 8:15 runs on average, now I'm at 10:30 on average.
    The last fight isn't much different than previously.
    Congrats on making something boring even more boring. I really dislike this change since IMO there should be a progression where content becomes faster not slower. With the avatar based PG there isn't even any tuning I can do to make it faster- maybe a slight variation in cast order but even then reuse is so slow it hardly matters.
    Livejazz likes this.
  13. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I play EQ2 to play my toons that I chose very carefully, not to be something I don't want to be, to have powers I have no idea what they are doing and running zones repeatedly hopeing my good luck holds in fighting the bosses.
    Prissetta, Livejazz and Mizgamer62 like this.
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

I actually ran about 15 seconds faster. I was running around 10 minutes and finished today at 9:43. *shrug*
  15. learpilot74 Active Member

Why do we get this, but not the devs? Again, it shows they are completely out of touch with their customers. We don't want to be dragging ourselves through one board over and over and over and over for even longer periods. Daybreak better figure out fast that the repetitive time sinks are not fun and they are not enjoyable, but due to the equipment a necessity. The way to make group runs more viable would be make solo rewards 12-14 tokens. Group tokens for a loss at 18 and a win 20.
    Meneltel likes this.
  16. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I managed to get a few just under 7 minutes on the infiltrator. No hacking going on, just staying focused the whole time, getting lucky with some one shots on single trash mobs, group pulling a few other trash mobs that stand together, hitting sprint all the time, knowing what buttons to push, and leashing trash mobs that don't need to be killed to open up each portal to the next area of the zone. If I'm not 100% focused or not lucky with any one shots on the trash, it will take me 9 minutes tops.
  17. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I agree. If I wanted to play a solo game, I would play one designed from the ground up for solo play. Torchlight, for example. I log on to play with guildies and have fun. I do not have fun working with total strangers who are in the group for the rewards and not the fun. So I avoid the total strangers, just better for everyone involved if I do.
    learpilot74 likes this.
  18. learpilot74 Active Member

There needs to be some solo aspect...but make a etter or slightly faster reward for those who group. I think it would be more enjoyable if we had like 10 maps, and random gives you a slightly better reward like agnostics (if daybreak insists on this grinding trash :/)
  19. Mathafern Well-Known Member

The nice thing about the solos is that I can set up a string of my alts right there, ready to go, log from one to the next and run it over and over and steadily get marks.

With the group zones, first I need to form a group OF SIX. And courtesy of the power drain in the last fight (at least in one zone) I need at least one power regen. At just the right time of day- when everyone else is also running PGs- I can do this.

THEN all 6 need to get into the PG. Woops, its a raid instead, ok, jump to lobby, camp to remove truancy, reform, requeue. Oh, shoot, our power regen just went LD, jump to lobby, camp to remove truancy, reform, wait for return from LD, requeue.
    Even if the time per token were the same, the level of frustration at this zoning rezoning buggy zone zoning makes it NOT WORTH IT.

When the PG is not too crowded the mechanisms seem to work much better. My guildies aren't on then, but I've had really nice PUG groups at uncrowded times run over and over with no login issues. At peak times though, not a chance.
    Prissetta and Uxtalzon like this.
  20. Uxtalzon Active Member

I've run PG solo before at an average of 7:30 as Infiltrator before the update, now averaging about 15-30 seconds longer. I haven't tried the Guardian yet. Absolute fastest time was about 6:48 before, after update its 7:12. Not a very big increase at all in difficulty.

The only issue I have was my concern of fighting the last boss based on RNG garbage. Never lost to him before except when I was fooling around, after update I have died twice because it's based on bad luck that the skills provided don't work well enough before he takes me down.

That Kick up the Dust skill is useless because it doesn't deal any damage like the description claims. That Fist icon damage skill does too little for such a long cooldown as well.
    Mermut likes this.