Guardian Hunker Down Ability change for pvp needs a new change!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Daalilama, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

The difficulty with that Mordumor is Arena Endurance and Battle Hardening are AA lines available to both classes. Adding "Guardian Only" versions will probably get the Zerker players angry, even if they really are the better off for protections of self. The changes need to be made to Guardian Specific Skills or in the case of Arena Endurance, an AA in the Guardian Tree or Prestiege lines would be best for such a change.
  2. Mordumor New Member

Have our mythical modify the existing abilities maybe. But, I see your point. My answer to the zerkers would be get over it. You have everything you need for survivability already...
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Actually, modifying our Myhtical would be an easy way to apply "guardian only" changes... but if they updated our Myth then all the classes would ask for updates. Players seem to very often fall into the "give an inch take a mile" category.
  4. Daalilama Well-Known Member

TBH when I created the thread I never thought I get so much positive input and suggestions...much much diffrent than the general pvp/bg forums its like jujitsu in there at times at any suggestion regardless if it has merit. The devs now have a wealth of good suggestions before them and the ball is now in their court.
  5. Plavem Active Member

Personally I think the stone skins are what need to be fixed to a degree.

Most of the stoneskins are for a couple attacks or just one. This was great back in the day before flurry, and multiattack. Making it now nothing more than a freaking speed bump in pvp and pve. If they made them a duration or a set amount it would be so much better imo.

Personally I am ok with other tanks having heals, it sorta fits their lore etc. However like previous posters said guardians are suppose to be the rock of the tanks. Stone skins should be unique to the guardian. And if they need to give us a couple of short duration, small heals I would be ok with that as well.

But as I said in another thread, guardians could use a little ae threat too. However if they just made our temps a little more viable then I would be more than happy.
  6. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

I believe that guardians should be the longest standing, best surviving tanks. So whatever can be done to make that happen.
  7. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Kinda really depends on what if anything the devs intend to do...if their intent is to keep the guardian as the lowest parsing tank but highest survival tank in pvp then we must have the added heal into their pvp abilities at the very least but even having one of the heals as suggested is still a long way from making guards where they should be in pvp...not even sure if adjusting their stoneskins to have added triggers would even be more than a blip on the survivability radar in pvp...would be a half step tbh...either way we will see on the 26th...my hope is that the suggestions in this thread will give the devs some decent ideas and where to proceed...waiting with baited breath.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

Indeed, I love our survivability. Even if we don't have good or decent DPS, outlasting our enemies is what Guardians are about.
  9. Daalilama Well-Known Member

True but that survivability guards were always known for is totally meaningless in pvp currently, our stoneskins drop in a blink of an eye..no heal or wards at all...dragoon reflexes is great but cant attack while up (tbh that mechanic needs to be removed considering cleric/crusader DA ability). If they add and thats a big if a heal as suggested to hunker down or one of our other abilities, would like to see our stoneskins have double the triggers at least in pvp...even than the stoneskins would be worth 2 blinks of an eye considering ma/flurry/etc.
  10. acoloss Active Member

they should make any triggered stonskins infinite trigger but short duration.. same with wardens and Dirge "sonic barrier".
    Nowadays triggers just get insta removed.. on my dirge i press the 3 trigger stone skin when on 10% hp and i still get killed instantly.. i always check to see if the triggers did go off and they always do.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

So perhaps, part of the change has to happen with how our existing protections work within PvP. I am supporting the suggestions here for PvP and some of them are even good ideas for PvE.
  12. Xeos Well-Known Member

Okay so a re-evaluation... these changes are intended for PVP ONLY

• Wrath of Vel'Arek (Myth buff):
      • 100% immunity to knockback all the time.
      • Other immunities have a 25% chance of proccing on any incoming or outgoing damage.
      • Add an additional 5% damage reduction to the buff that would be up all the time, not the proc portion.
      • Dragoon Reflexes will no longer cancel when a combat art is used.
    • Guardian Sphere
      • 50% chance to intercept all damage on group members (AE).
        On a successful intercept caster takes 50% of attack damage, target takes 0% of attack damage.
      • When target is damaged this spell has a 50% chance to cast Stoneskin on target. Lasts for 10.0 seconds.
        • Will absorb all attacks. This spell will absorb a total of 1 attack.
        • Grants a total of 10 triggers of the spell.
    • Tower of Stone
    • (explanation: absorbs all large incoming damage for increased spike damage prevention and further protects against lower sources of damage for a few more triggers)
      • Will absorb all damage that would inflict greater than 10% of the Guardian's maximum health.
        • Lasts for 15 seconds. (Note: unlimited triggers)
      • Will absorb all damage that would inflict less than 10% of the Guardian's maximum health.
        • This spell will absorb a total of 10 attacks.
      • On a successful block, parry or riposte this spell will cast Guarded Health
        • Caster will be healed for 5% of their maximum health.
        • This effect can only trigger once every 2 seconds.
    • Hunker Down
      • Reduces all incoming physical damage by 5%
      • Caster has a 5% chance of outright absorbing a physical attack.
      • Wards caster against 5000 points of all physical damage
        • Will regenerate 1000 points of warding every 5 seconds.
      • On any combat attack this spell will cast Replenishing Assault (or whatever they want to call it)
        • Will heal caster for 2% of maximum health
          • This effect can only trigger once every 1 second.
    • Battle Cry
      • Reduces all incoming magical damage by 5%
      • Caster has a 5% chance of outright absorbing a magical attack.
      • Wards caster against 5000 points of all magical damage
        • Will regenerate 1000 points of warding every 5 seconds.
      • On any combat attack this spell will cast Revitalizing Assault (or whatever they want to call it)
        • Will replenish 2% of casters maximum power
          • This effect can only trigger once every 1 second.
    Nariac likes this.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

So you reverted Guardian Sphere back to what it used to be? We fought for almost 2 expansions to have that stop being an intercept skill. It currently applies Stoneskins to the group and the Guardian and our Prestige Offense line is built on that. GS works quite well as it is. 10 stoneskin triggers on a 30 second buff? Those would be gone almost instantly with PvP incoming hits.

The others are interesting ideas, far more complex that what is there currently (in terms of effect). Only real issue I saw was Guardian Sphere being an interception again, those stopped being really viable 4 expansions ago, a group-stoneskin suffices well.
  14. Daalilama Well-Known Member

I'm liking the 5% magical damage reduction for battle cry...ward may be bit much....but def worthy suggestion.
  15. Xeos Well-Known Member

Hmm wsll i haven't been on the game in awhile i was going by thr skill listing on eq2i.com. I don't have a Guardian so i could not look.
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

Well I am on Estred right now. Here is the current Guardian Sphere, it is a group stoneskin proc.

When damaged this spell has a 25% chance to cast Stoneskin on target. Lasts for 10 seconds.
    - Will absorb all damage. This spell will absorb a total of 1 attack.
    *Only effects the caster of Guardian Sphere.
    When damage this spell has a 50% chance to cast Stoneskin on target. Lasts for 10 seconds.
    - Will absorb all damage. This spell will absorb a total of 1 attack.
    *If not fighter.
  17. Nariac New Member

I love these suggestions, the only change I would make would be to leave Guardian Sphere be and perhaps swap the large and small values on tower of stone. So 15 secs of 100% Stoneskins vs all damage UNDER 10% and 10 triggers for OVER. Its the multi attacks and flurrys that need to be negated the most, no one is going to be smashing you for damage cap nukes 2-3 times a second. Other than that I think this post is the best chance yet for making Guards what they should be. The purest survival tank, with the DPS we have we deserve to be rock solid defensively.
  18. Nariac New Member

19. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Too late they dropped the ball.
  20. reactivegnome New Member

I agree lets give all the non healer classes BG love. Right now clerics are the worst in the battlegrounds as their heals hardly hit for anything considering 99% of their healing is based off crit bonus... which is capped in BG's. If you want to see more healers in BG's make clerics a more viable healer in BG's.