Guardian -> Berserker, how much more dps?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Cyenadros, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Cyenadros Active Member

how much more dps will i get out of if I betray to a zerker from a guardian?

assuming on the basis that i'm parsing 100B dps in h1 right now
  2. Aull Active Member

I do not nor have ever played a guardian but the only area that you will see greater dps on the zerker is in rich aoe targets. I think my zerker has like nine or ten aoe damage abilities. Some will proc damage if the zerker has received physical damage or melee hits a mob.

On single target not sure if the zerker I will be higher than a guard assuming all attributes and buff are equal.

I’m sure that the guard will be far far better defensively against that boss mob than the berserker will be.

I know this isn’t what you are looking for but I don’t see a zerker higher in dps on singles. Just aoe.
    Cyenadros likes this.
  3. Cyenadros Active Member

actually this was exactly what i was looking for

thanks
  4. Arclite Well-Known Member

Zerker offers a superior overall package then guardians. Learn how to play it properly and you will be better off.

There is hardly any fight that is pure AE like they used to be many years ago unless you pull lots of stuff together in groups/raids and call that "AE". Zerker will do just as well if not a lot better on a single target fight then a guard would ever do.

P.S. 100b in H1 is pretty low for a zerker. Not knowing what your gear is like, I am assuming you have low cb and some other key stats.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Cyenadros Active Member

no, i'm a guardian parsing 100B, i want compare that with a zerker, gimme a ball park where would i be?
  6. Arclite Well-Known Member

you can always spike hard on guards for a few seconds (up to 1T or more) depending on the fight, fighter duration, group setup etc. in H1 on single target and as the fight goes on, you will come down to half of that. Zerker of equivalent build/skill could match or even exceed that.

On AE fights, a zerker will be way higher and a guard can inflate that parse by using implosion/feedback loop but not through their own combat arts.
  7. Aethos Well-Known Member

Provided your spells are made to be equal in quality, you're specced for good damage, and you're a quick learner and pick the class up and are very good with it, I would anticipate you'd do like 300b on the same fights your guardian does 100b on.

Berserkers are pretty much on top for fighter damage and guardians are at the bottom.

That said, guardian mitigation is pretty huge this time around, and if you're not accustomed to keeping yourself protected with defensive CD's running frequently, you will find yourself randomly killed (or triggering death prevents) much more frequently than guardian. If you're good with keeping stuff running, though, you won't see this that much. I only say this because RoR around launch time taught me that there were a surprising number of tanks that were kind of asleep at the wheel
  8. Crookedsky New Member

I know no Raid guilds that let Zerks MT because no Tank class takes a hit like Guards do. This is the reason they have no heals and no spells. I do agree with Arclite though. It's how well your geared and how well you know your class. Ya, Zerks can tank group Instances but they are no RAID Tank...
    ***DPS... You should be around 750B on a even level, single target.***

9. Priority Well-Known Member

Lol, what?

Are you talking about TLE where everybody here is talking about live?
    Smashey and Twyla like this.
  10. Redneck34 Member

I'm sorry what? Zerkers are one of the best MT because they can take the biggest hits and insane aggro control, sometimes a little too much if Co-op is a thing on a fight :)
    Twyla likes this.
  11. Ohhno Member

All Guardians should absolutely betray to Berserkers :eek:
  12. Cohen66 New Member

No question, the Zerker is definitely a good Raid MT. I reactivated mine, which has been inactive for years, and I'm running into massive aggro problems again, though. DPS is rather low, especially with bad equipment. AutoAttack DPS hasn't worked for years, the real focus of Zerker and Guardian. Pet classes make it especially hard and without good aggro support from Assasine/Coercer/Swashbuckler, life as a Zerker is rather uncomfortable. Hence my question, where do I find the "insane" aggro control on the Zerker?
  13. Tyrval Active Member

This is no longer true. Content depending, auto is quite good and you'll notice a lot of tanks redoing their specs around it, and our new epic is extremely strong for auto. TBH, as a berserker I no longer even use wary protection on most content because I just don't find I need it for survivability and do significantly more damage without it.

But it really just comes down to gear, buffs and to a lesser degree spec. I mean like a berserker with 40k crit bonus and 1500 fervor, 3k weapon damage and 2.5k dps mod is just going to perform differently than one that's under combat mit. When I first came back to the game and did like rounding error damage, I could kind of get by a little with cry of the warrior and spacing out snaps like insolent gibe, sneering assault, rescue, jeering, etc in order to leap frog threat positions over and over. But really the main thing would just be to get your damage up there, and that means collecting every minor thing that raises cb, fervor, potency and then auto attack stats once you're well over combat mit. So that means a full load out of proper adorns, maxed merc, mount, familiar of current season, flawless buff, and everything else. And while you're behind, if you're an etherealist that really helps, since you can just start fights with feedback loop and blow all your instant cast blues to massively front load damage.

Crit bonus is just kind of ridiculous in RoR in that you can pretty much map a character's performance just to that, and the problem is unlike potency in VoV it just doesn't scale much from resolve upgrades in gear. So if you aren't chasing every single minor thing to boost it, a character can't perform.
    Twyla and Taled like this.
  14. Arclite Well-Known Member

Do not think that the auto attack of old is what it is now. You need a very particular stat setup to make auto attack worthwhile on the guardian right now. That said, you would do still fine just using your abilities and having the right stats for the content you are pulling. You need to buff your hate mod as close to 300% as possible as the hate mod was changed to have a higher cap. 100% just does not help much w/o a lot of dps.

On single target a guard can hold aggro just fine but as I said before, the overall zerker package is just too good to ignore and zerkers can do equally well if not better on single target. AE fights just forget about guardians. This of course does not mean that if you betray to zerker all your aggro troubles go away, you still need to tune up your zerker and press the right buttons.
    Twyla likes this.