GU66 and Withering Lands (Tears of Tunare) Game Breaking Issue

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Tiberia, May 3, 2013.

1. Tiberia Member

Hello,

Since the GU66 update there are places in the Tears of Tunare (Swamp area in Withered Lands) That drive my frame rates down to 2 FPS. They were fine prior to the update.

To be certain that this was not specific to my rig, it has been experienced in the same areas on three other computers on both Nvidia and ATI cards.

The easiest location I can describe to experience this is facing south where Muddom is. This is only one of several locations in which this occurs, but it's the one that has the easiest landmark to describe.

I have submitted this as a /bug in game. However I thought this needed more immediate attention as the game becomes completely unplayable in these locations.
  2. Budo New Member

I am having the same problem. For 3 days now I have gone down to the WL swamp and my frame rate goes to 3. Tried this on different chars on different accounts and it is always the same. Sent a petition as I was running a harvest potion which was wasted. Please fix this SOE. Thank you
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You are likely to take a big performance hit anywhere there is water . In Ye Olde Dayes, the Temple of Cazic Thule in the Feerrott was ghastly because of the big waterfalls in the front of the zone.

If you are using ProfitUI, there is an button that allows you to change display settings on the fly. It comes with four presets: raid, performance, quality, and screenshot. "Raid" is the one that turns off a lot of the graphics effects that can slow you down.

Some examples of ways to boost performance: turn off bloom, heatshimmer, flora, and water effects. Turn shadows off. Turn off the cloth rippling effects. Set the number of particles either to 1, or to -1 if you want to shut them off completely.
  4. Amily New Member

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with the issue. At first it thought some of my hardware was dying on me, but I have only noticed the framerate drop issue in EQ2, and *only* in Tears of Tunare, and it is so localized, that it happens as soon as I turn the camera towards the middle of the swamp, to where the waypoint of it is, but in a large area there.

I also noticed earlier today, that it appears as if it's not constant, but it randomly just, for no reason, drops the framerate to unacceptable levels (5 in my case.. from between 75 and 100 when it runs fine), and then returns to the normal values after a long time of having been low, only to drop shortly after. It makes that entire area of the map completely unplayable.

I hope they fix it soon.
  5. sabredancer New Member

I am also finding that the Swamp area in Withered Lands is unplayable because of frame rate. I tried turning everything down or off and my frame rate was still below 10.

I have a few toons that will soon be entering this area following the quest timeline. I certainly hope this will be addressed soon.
  6. Drax Member

I am finding exactly the same issue.

WL has been my preferred harvesting zone for a long time now and, prior to GU66, I have never had any issues with frame rate even when dragging a dozen or more mobs.

My normal framerate is 55-65 but every few minutes or so it will drop to 5 or less. If I stand still the low framerate can persist for up to 20 seconds before it clears. If I keep moving it will clear within 5 seconds. It happens when flying or when moving in the water. It can happen when there are no mobs around me or if I am surrounded by many.

Adjusting the quality/performance settings to the most basic improved the frame rate by only 2 or 3 fps.

My figures for ping etc. remain within the normal range at the times that the low framerate issue occurs.

I am not sure if this problem is confined to one server (Antonia Bayle in my case) or whether it is more widespread.

Not a game breaker for me but certainly very, very annoying given its frequency.
  7. Bhron New Member

Same problem here, no matter how low I put the settings the frame rate is unplayable. It's like being in a large raid with everything on. Turning away from the middle of the zone helps but returns as soon as I move.

Before GU66 I was able to run 3 toons through here without any problems at all.

Hope this is corrected soon.
  8. Haohmaru Developer

Hey all - I was able to reproduce this internally. Fantastic repro Tiberia! Immediately produced the issue near Muddom.
    After some CSI action, we narrowed it down to the Sifaye Attendants. We fixed a bug relating to the glowy state they (and many other creatures) can appear to be in. Looks like that fix introduced this bug specifically on Fae NPCs glowing like this.

I'll see what we can do to get a fix out in the next few days if possible.
    Until then, anytime you near those Sifaye pockets, shield thine eyes!
    Feldon likes this.
  9. Amily New Member

Hey Haohmaru,

that's great news! I was nearly losing hope when a GM on my ticket wasn't able to reproduce it.

Great work on that, and we'll await the patch soon :)
  10. Budo New Member

Thank you Haohmaru :) Although it was not a game breaker for me (I love this game too much), it will make my time in WL FUN again. Good Job!
  11. Bunji Developer

This should be resolved with tomorrow's update.
  12. Drax Member

Thanks Haohmaru and Bunji for the updates :)

Very much looking forward to the incoming fix!
  13. Drax Member

All seems well again in WL after todays patch.

Thank you :)