GU56 hitting test soon!

Discussion in 'Battlegrounds' started by ARCHIVED-timetravelling, Apr 15, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Grumble69 Guest

If they do it like void shards in TSO, they won't earn anything at all. That stunk. I'm hoping they'll at least have some level-specific tokens where you can buy level-specific gear.
    Even still, it'll help that huuuuuuuuuuge AA gap for upcoming characters & alts. When SF was released, I had already ground out countless TSO missions & quests and was sitting at 200. Now that nobody is doing TSO anymore, this will serve as a good way to bridge the gap from 160 to 200.
  2. ARCHIVED-timetravelling Guest

bryan4171 wrote:
    So tempting! Hehehe

Beef_Supreme wrote:
    It's the 1st example, so after the GU the BG tiers will be:
    30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, and 90
    Players in each tier will be auto-mentored down to the lowest common level (30, 40, 50, etc)
    Players in each tier will also have armor sets and accessories available for purchase from the existing PvP Merchants in the major cities.
    The BG 'starter' sets will be the already-existing Mastercrafted armor sets (from levels 30 -> 70). Each has had a small amount of toughness added to its existing stats.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rex Guest

timetravelling wrote:
    Will whatever PvP currency you guys decide on (discord token last i heard) be available for cross tier purchases? Please say no. IMO farming t3 to gear up a t9 toon is somewhat silly.

As for the cap removal on AA I would advise serious caution on this point. As the mechanics stand now you are going to have a sizable population locked and doing BGs at level 30 (a la t2 twinks of old), this being the case ALOT of new PvPers (or BGers) are going to be exposed to twinks with 100 AA as their first experience? Honestly, the 1.5x multipilier on AA leaves people with more than enough AA to kill any PvE mob they want solo, while significantly helping to balance low tier PvP. I'm going to say that 100 AA at lvl 30 is too much. I think imposing the 1.5x multiplier on all servers, while very unpopular, is the smart move. Hey, PvP servers didn't like it to start with but we got over it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Trynt Guest

Evilcarrot@Everfrost wrote:
    timetravelling, please tell us this isn't going to be the case. :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Rocc Guest

Trynt wrote:
    I have to wonder the same thing. If their heirloom why should anyone do BG at higher levels? Heirloom is fine as long as each 10 levels has a different token ot item for that specific level of gear. And those tokens cannot be used in higher tiers. Please say this is the case!?!?
  6. ARCHIVED-Uinael_Guk Guest

Schandlich@Blackburrow wrote:
    I know it's likely restricted to the pvp servers, but highlighting a certain part of that statement doesn't confirm that. You can read that statement a few ways.
    open-pvp server battles = battles on open-pvp servers
    open-pvp server battles = open pvp on servers and each server having a battle for ant and commonlands.
    Seeing as timetravelling didn't confirm it or correct people, i'm assuming it's the first phrasing, but you never know.
    ------
    Unrelated to above, discussion about tokens. A few issues on that..
    1. Someone mentioned how obtaining tokens at the noob levels is easier, but I wouldn't really say that. A well put together t9 group or 2 groups can steamroll just as easy as a well put together t4 group. There will be a difference of those lvl 30's with 160 AA vs lvl 30's with 20 AA, but it's not like T8 where some have 220+ AA, raid gear, and mythical locked at 89 while others have like 120 AA, and legendary gear.
    2. Different map tokens does make it annoying at times to gear up. Merging tokens is one option, but it will probably kill maps like smugglers den. Nobody is going to want to play a 10-13 min match for a possible one token when you can bang out 2-3 gears or ganak's in that time. That could always be countered by upping the reward for Smugglers which should be done anyway. Seeing as it takes at least 2x as long to do one of those maps, i'd say give 3 tokens for a loss and 6 for a win. People would still play that map regardless if tokens were merged or not, but as it stands, I absolutely dread doing that map.
    3. Giving a daily 3 tokens per quest completion would be sweet (6 for smugglers). It's just like giving away a free victory for completing the quest.
  7. ARCHIVED-Uinael_Guk Guest

Rocc@Unrest wrote:
    tokens per tier or two would be pretty cool. You do BG at lvl 30, you can only buy lvl 30 and maybe lvl 40 gear. Per tier would just add too many tokens to lug around though.. unless they gave us a token wallet we could store BG tokens, shards, marks, etc in.
  8. ARCHIVED-Kerberos Guest

timetravelling wrote:
  9. ARCHIVED-Rex Guest

Kerberos@Oasis wrote:
    INC boost to PvP sever pop. Come to Vox i need more ppl to kill.
  10. ARCHIVED-Olihin Guest

Warfields are restricted to PVP servers.
    The writs are being changes to 6 kills for 5 tokens across all levels. A single currency regardless of the level will be used.
    The new coin will be the Discord Token and I have set up a merchant to exchange the tokens for you in increments of 5 or 100. I know some will be able to gear up more of their characters quickly, but that is the point. I want you to be able to play on your account at whatever level you want and either save or spend your token when you want.
    Olihin
  11. ARCHIVED-Rex Guest

Olihin wrote:
    Ya lost me here Oilhin. Lower tier PvP takes much less skill than higher tier PvP but they're going to have the same reward potential? I'm all for backwards compatibility, spending tokens aquired at t9 on any lower tier but spending t3 on t9 is not going to sit well with alot of people.
  12. ARCHIVED-Trynt Guest

Olihin wrote:
    Just to be clear, you're talking about Discord Tokens making their way into lower level BGs (since this post was in the BG section)?
  13. ARCHIVED-Armmiller Guest

Olihin wrote:
    What tier is the warfields going to be? They are in ant and cl so does that mean its limited to t2 or is it going to be an area for all tiers. If it is all tiers what is the pvp range? CL and ant is 4 as i recall. 4 is very low for t9 pvp imo. It should at least be 10 for t9.
    Also are the warfields going to be instanced -- in effect just other bg type maps? Right now there is not much of a vox pvp population and its getting worse everyday - we are divided between the bgs, pvp and instances, and with the introduction of lower tier bgs, the player base is getting spread thinner then ever. If the warfields are instances, then at least we could play with folk on naggy.
  14. ARCHIVED-Olihin Guest

Any discussion on Warfields and Tokens should be done on the PvP section.
    I responded on this thread to clarify the confusion, but none of this affects Battlegrounds at all.
    Olihin
  15. ARCHIVED-Uinael_Guk Guest

Olihin wrote:
    Thanks, and thanks to those above who quoted TT on it, yea I pretty much assumed it was pvp server only, that's fine with me.
    So discord tokens will be for BG gear as well? I ask because it was mentioned on the pvp server so I wasn't sure if that was some pvp-server only currency.
    What do you mean by 6 kills for 5 tokens?
  16. ARCHIVED-Uinael_Guk Guest

Olihin wrote:
    So BG's will still use the current token system?
  17. ARCHIVED-Trynt Guest

Luceus@Everfrost wrote:
    He's talking about PvP writ rewards.
  18. ARCHIVED-Trynt Guest

Olihin wrote:
    Thanks for the clarity. Regarding this portion of the notes:
    timetravelling wrote:
    Will level 30-70 Battlegrounds award the existing currency types to buy T9 gear?
    please say no, please say no, please say no, please say no
  19. ARCHIVED-Rex Guest

Luceus@Everfrost wrote:
    As it stands PvP gear is pretty much the exact same as BGs gear and we can use our PvP tokens to get it. I imagine this be the case for the new stuff. Yes the PvP servers will have a different way to gear up and there will be people saying its not fair that PvP servers get this opportunity while PvE servers don't. These people will also want it stopped

Before you say anything about that (not directed at you Luceus, just a general statement) give it some thought.
    1. PvPers take a greater risk when questing as they can be attacked at any time.
    2. Its only a different way to gather gear an in the end probably alot slower than going into the Bgs
    3. If they made a set of gear for PvP servers only that would be 3 sets of gear that PvPers would have to carry around (PvP, Bgs and PvE gear)
  20. ARCHIVED-Detor Guest

timetravelling wrote:
    Watch there be some bug when the GU hits all servers that causes people to be able to kill each other; at least we'll know it was timetravelling who put it in.