GU53 info - 2 new zones (shards?), Shader work and new mechanics

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-ashen1973, Jun 22, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Dreyco wrote:
    Just as buggy and broken too, which these extended updates were supposed to fix.
  2. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

I'm hoping for a Shard of Mischief. One can never slaughter enough Halflings.
  3. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Wasnt PoM off of Velious though, seems to me like the plane entrances are still sort of in the places they were at in EQ1...not sure about hate though :p
  4. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Plane of Mischief actually moved locations. First it was deep in the Temple of Veeshan, then it moved to the Great Divide. It seems to me if Bristlebane wants his Plane's portal to be somewhere different, me can just whim it to a new location.
    It wouldn't surprise me if the portal to Mischief currently resides in some baker's jumjum pie in the middle of Baubleshire.
    And actually as far as the Shard of Hate goes, the original Plane of Hate did not have a portal out in the open, not like the Plane/Shard of Fear. You had to teleport there via a Wizard teleporting you there. The same goes with the Plane of Sky, you could only teleport there.
  5. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

Ukae@Befallen wrote:
    Well i wasnt going to bring that up,but you're quite correct TSO was woeful honestly whoever thought that running the same zones over and again for a full year should hang thier head in shame,it was a bad idea from the off,just as i ROK was with its over abundance of solo content,thats why for me at least the next xpac will make or break EQ2 for me it has to be more balanced and they have to start pushing out LU's more often as well,this really is unacceptable situation that in a year theres been just 3 updates.

Sometimes less is more maybe thats something the dev team should be looking at in terms of size of LU's in the future
  6. ARCHIVED-guillero Guest

Gimbel@Permafrost wrote:
    My gf is really dying for an expansion with an snowy / icy dominant theme! He he.

What I found amusing is when he talked about the new shader system and Shader model 3.0, that me mentioned it will be for graphic cards like GeForce 2xx and up.
    I am sorry mr. producer, but the GeForce 8xxx and 9xxx series already supported shader model 3.0 ! As it's part of DirectX10.
    So I just hope he was a little uninformed and mispoken himself and not that this new Shader system will be so badly coded that you will need a GeForce 2xx card and up, not because it's Shader Model 3.0, but because of performance issues. Just like the new GPU shadows :(
    Jer
  7. ARCHIVED-swbles Guest

Shard of Growth/Mischief would be awsome
  8. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

I think the big problem with TSO and RoK are that they were considered and released as separate expansions. Taken together, they are one complete expansion with content for everyone.
  9. ARCHIVED-mlbdude00 Guest

Banditman wrote:
    It would have been better but still would not cut it. Having to quest grind my way to 80 just to get to good content does not count. If you are going to make leveling meaningless and empty just give the the option to auto-level to cap.
  10. ARCHIVED-Khurghan Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    I have to say it would rock if they did add E.M. she is top of my list for avatars I would like to smack down.
  11. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

I disagree, it would have more than cut it. Consider the combined content of RoK and TSO:

5 Overland Zones
    3 Contested, Heroic Dungeons
    21 Heroic Instances
    5 Single boss Epic instances
    7 Multi boss Epic instances

There is more than enough content there for someone to choose how they wish to level from 70 to 80.
  12. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Where? Mind you it's leveling from 70-80 vs. the solo RoK grind. Back it up with a timeline and see how much of your content holds up.
  13. ARCHIVED-mlbdude00 Guest

Banditman wrote:
    So my group walks into the 70+ zones just like it has in every other tier. Now what? All gang up on solo quests? Sure that is fun when you are drunk but does not last long. Now what? We ended up just taking our medicine and grinding to 80 to get to the dungeons and HQ's but with every other expansion prior to this dungeons, HQ's, and signature quests were provided to groups to level with.
  14. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Maebus@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Why not? Why get sober?
  15. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

For those worried about lore and lead up to the next expac, I wouldn't :)
    We've got a very solid and (I think) fun plan for that. I believe the lore junkies will really enjoy the way we're going to be distributing the lore this time around.
    Look for it to start shortly after Fan Faire.
  16. ARCHIVED-Homeskillet Guest

I'm not worried about lore and lead up, I am worried about it being a good story and not lame Void garbage again.
  17. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Kiara wrote:
    As long as it isnt void, ill be happy...im a lore junky, and the void lore irks me a bit even >.<

but thats for another thread
  18. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Now that begs the question does that mean we get to help restore the God of Love? Remember, something happened to her and we found out it was major last Eday.
  19. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Kiara wrote:
    :: Pictures Lore Books suddenly, misteriously, and temporarilly appearing on verious merchants around Norrath::
  20. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

dawy wrote:
    So it is unacceptable that they have published almost Twice the amount content out in the last 6months then they pushed out in the entire Previous year. BTW, it would have been 4 LUs at this point if the fighter revamp was not scrapped.