GU 57

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Neiloch, Jul 27, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

So GU 57 seems to have nothing for us, except for the sweet hilt strike. I mean why would we need anything else we are fine! lol just so detatched now, just sitting back watching EQ2 burn while giggling my butt off.
  2. ARCHIVED-Writer Cal Guest

Don't forget predators are turning neutral. Soon rangers can all betray to assassins and stay in their favorite cities with their favorite houses.
  3. ARCHIVED-dropdoff Guest

Whatever happened to the setting that was going to give the choice of letting our auto-attack be melee or ranged? That was discussed over a year ago and it is not like it will totally overpower us.
    I understand that they think we are fine, cough bull**** cough, but I would like to see some of the small things they have promised us that would not make us OP put would make our lives a little a little easier.
    What are some of the other things that they were being looked at and for some reason they just couldn't focus on?
  4. ARCHIVED-nipxur Guest

dropdoff wrote:
    Apparently they've been working of F2P program instead of the multitude of class issues that exist.
  5. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Think they could have threw it in while completely redesigning/copying WoW for the new UI.
    Maybe if someone tells them that WoW does have its auto attack automatically switch between melee and ranged depending on your distance they'll be more than happy to rip it off. Melee range and too close to range, melee auto attack takes over, if you back up out of melee range, ranged auto attack takes over. It's essentially one auto attack with 2 different modes.
  6. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

On F2P for $55.00 you will be able to have your Ranger custom tuned to be balanced with Assassins.....
  7. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Venez@Permafrost wrote:
    Funny as that is, they probably still wouldn't do it even if all rangers said they would buy it. They clearly want our wallets but screwing over rangers is personal, for some reason. Rangers would stop whining if they would just fix us proper, instead of making anything that could possibly be good a backhanded improvement.

Would make my year if people brought nerf arrows to fanfaire and started shooting them off during big presentations.
  8. ARCHIVED-kartikeya Guest

As a random FYI, once GU 57 hits, provided the neutral predator change isn't reverted, I'm betraying. It will allow me to stay with my RP guild and feel like I can contribute to my raid force. I want to stay a ranger, but at this point, the issue has made me so sick that it's either betray or quit, and this is my last ditch effort to find some enjoyment in the game again.
    I fully intend to keep lobbying for ranger changes, and if they do ever fix us, I'll be back in an instant. But I'd rather not spend this entire expansion waiting for changes that will never come.
  9. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

Ya I might hit up our GL again about betraying, he prefered I didnt last time because he wanted to see if they fixed us. Now that im on the bench 75% of the time because we didnt get fixed...I may as well either betray or cancel.
  10. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Whats all this betraying stuff you guys? they said we were a mighty force. so clearly anyone who has ever raided with a ranger is wrong and needs to L2P amirite? Devs who clearly don't raid at all or very little and probably not on rangers have to know more than us.
    I keep sending in bug reports to the ACT and GC guys because CLEARLY their programs are defective showing rangers getting trounced by other T1 DPS and in some cases even T2 DPS. Told them they should automatically show rangers at the top of the parse and instead of a number, randomly show between "a mighty force" and "fine"
    But it is understandable why they would wait so long and want to weigh any kind of fix carefully. We do bring a lot besides DPS to a raid like a temp accuracy buff and a deaggro that can get canceled by just about anything that AE's.
    If I spilled any high density sarcasm on you, I apologize.
  11. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

I can not bring myself to betray. Just can not do it. Roll and play a brig to fill a needed raid slot though? Done.
  12. ARCHIVED-kartikeya Guest

We're just not skilled enough to figure out the secret formula of ranger DPS. Standing in the right place is hard, you guys. :(
  13. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

kartikeya wrote:
    I know right ! I mean parsing 40k-50k and still finishing 5th or 6th on the parse because the rest are 60-80k.........I really need these smart Dev guys to come show me how to play a Ranger so I dont suck so bad.
    I mean the Assassin parse threads over on flames are clearly just make believe, they really are not parsing 30% higher than Rangers, and neither are Wizzys, Warlocks and Swashbucklers.
    I mean I used to be one of the top parseing Rangers but I got kicked in the head and forgot wtf I was doing and just suck now,I havent tried differant gear,aa or casting orders, I havent spent thousands of plat on adornments for testing , I must just have forgot how to play.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ballzz Guest

They should at least offer Rangers a betray option that gives a 1 for 1 Master swap to cushion the blow of betraying. I might actually consider betraying since I'm fully mastered and don't have it in me to re-master myself as an Assassin. It's like adding insult to injury to not only have to betray to be raid viable but get every single Master/Expert over again at our expense. It could be a special Ranger only betray option and they could call it the "Mighty Betray" option.