GU 43 Denmother write up!!

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Cadori Seraphim, Feb 29, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Cadori Seraphim Guest

I squeeeled out loud when I read this over at eq2traders!!

I am SO excited about the new additions!!

For those who havent yet read it, you can find it here: GU 43 Write Up

I was a little disappointed with the high high amount of faction needed for some of those, but over all I am very pleased :D
  2. ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Cadori Seraphim Guest

You are so very awesome Niami!! :D
  4. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Reading through some of the recipes in the links this one makes me laugh.
    Danak hoop of subversion (chromatic essence), str/sta/agi/int earring with a +15 movement bonus while stealthed or invisible.
    So that means a stealthed Dark Elf with 1 of these would run at 40%. If you can have 2, 55%. Wow.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cadori Seraphim Guest

Meirril wrote:
    Am willing to bet these will be lore :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

I'm not even sure if they would stack with the dark elf racial tradition, but its fun to think about it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cadori Seraphim Guest

I actually hope they do not stack.. because race from before the start of eq2 were stated NOT to be game breaking or a huge factor in playing the game.
    I was very disappointed with the new racials, as some are alot better then others (by far) and having this stack with those racials would indeed be very powerful.
  8. ARCHIVED-TheLopper Guest

I have an 80 Fury/43 Tailor...max faction with almost all of the three listed.

Does this mean that I will be able to buy the books, but not be able to use them? What lvl will my tailor have to be?
  9. ARCHIVED-Xanzibar Guest

While I'm not to the Kunark stuff yet, I'm overjoyed to see them increasing the incentives for working with various Factions. Additional Carpentry recipes are always much-loved, as well...

Now, someone needs to tell the Devs responsible for the old city Factions to do the same thing! Hehehe

Thanks for all your work letting us know what's up-an'-coming, Niami!
  10. ARCHIVED-Saevan Guest

TheLopper wrote:
    Of the recipes listed that show a level, most are 75 or 77. I would think that the TSer would have to be this level to make them.
  11. ARCHIVED-Jenarie Guest

I'm really excited about the new recipes... I do have some questsions though that I'm not sure if they should go here or in the Items forum but...
    If you look over the list of jewelery from jewelers & charms from provisioners, they seems extremely tailored to certain classes. I'm wondering if the stats were chosen to fill holes in the current items available or if maybe items with stats desirable for priests were just left off unintentionally? I don't know enough about other classes to judge but I really don't see anything here that a priest would be likely to chose to wear (with a couple possible exceptions for melee priests).
    • Di'zok hoop of service (tynnonium), STR/STA/WIS ear with +1 double attack chance
    • Di'zok torque of protection (fire emerald) - STR/STA/WIS neck with +5 defense
    • Di'zok belt of devotion (chromatic essence), str/sta/agi belt with a chance to cast mind wash (power increase) when target casts a spell
    • Rilissian battle bracelet (tynnonium cluster), STR/STA/INT bracelet with +1 damage spell crit chance.
    • Rilissian girdle of protection (fire emerald), STR/STA/INT waist with +5 defense
    • Riliss girdle of power (chromatic essence), STR/STA/INT belt with 530 mitigation vs spell damage for caster's pet
    • Sathirian legion bracelet (tynnonium), STR/AGI/INT bracelet with +5 in-combat health regen per tick.
    • Sathirian legion earring (fire emerald), earring with STR/AGI/INT and +5 combat power regeneration per tick
    • Danak hoop of subversion (chromatic essence), str/sta/agi/int earring with a +15 movement bonus while stealthed or invisible.
    • Riliss chicken foot (chromatic essence, 2 cockatrice meat) level 77 charm slot item, 25 STR/25 STA +50 combat art damage
    • Danak wishbone, level 77 charm slot item, 25 sta/25 int, +50 spell damage (chromatic essence, 2 cockatrice meat)
    What I'd like to see is WIS added to some of the items that have INT. Without taking the INT away, just add WIS as well - every class gets some advantage from WIS in slightly increased resists.
    Jewelery is maybe ok as it is - there are already a lot of quest items in the game so that if people can't find somethign they want here it is not a big deal (honestly with all the quest rewards already in game I don't see much demand for these at all but I hope I'm wrong).
    The provi items though - there are NO charms that I know of that are even remotely comparable and it seems odd that some classes seem to have one made perfectly for them and other classes really don't have one that makes sense for them.
    Again, I am not complaining - I'm thrilled to be getting extra recipes. I just figured that now while its on Test would be the time to point out that somethign might be missing. I could be wrong and if so I'm fine with that but just in case...
  12. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

For the new stuff I really really wish there was a sta/wis charm with +healing on it just like the sta/int +spell damage one. It would also be grand if there was one with all of the above, but i can understand having limits.. Just the +healing would be nice :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Oxie Guest

I have one toon (80 alchy) that has faction with all 3 cities, due to him being my only fighting toon that I raid with 5x a week. The other four toons that I have are all under 53 and are level 80 crafters (and I have their epic cloaks done). The provo has enough faction in Danak, thanks to endless writ grinding to buy the provo recipe from there. The other 3 only have enough faction with the sarnak of B. Watch in Fens to get their cloak quest started at -20k. None of my 4 crafters have even touched Rillis faction.
    The idea of having to do a total of 1128 writs on 4 toons just to get all 4 of them all to 30k to buy recipes just makes me say "don't bother'. I got 5 crafters to 80 because when I get bored and find myself with nothing better to do, I craft and craft and craft. I'm not bored enough yet to forage and grind my way to 80 on 2 other tradeskillers...or go back to doing Freeport writs on my little 53 brigand.
    I just don't want to do writs anymore. My 80 swashy is 50k x 5 with the factions in Qeynos, thanks to my obsessive nature to reach that feat. To just stand there at a crafting station...and mashing the same 6 buttons over and over again and slowly chipping the numbers down from 1128...to 1127....to 1126. over and over and over and over again....well, it's JUST NOT FUN. There is no risk vs. reward in all of this. There was "risk" and a challenge to do the New Lands, New Profits quest on level 20-53 toons. Having to bob and weave your way through red con aggro mobs was "fun" compared to just standing there....and staring at that dang crafting station.
    I know I'm not being "forced" to do these writs, but knowing how I am, just knowing that there is something for my crafters to do...I'll end up doing them...and not liking it at all.
  14. ARCHIVED-Youngone31 Guest

Weaponsmiths get adornments????? WHY???? Every other class get to make nice items and Weaponsmiths get ADORNMENTS!?!?!?!
    Are you kiddimg me!!!!
    Woodworkers can make weapons but Weaponsmiths make adornments!!!!!
    WHY!?!?!?
    What is the logic in this?!?!?!
    Are weaponsmiths disliked that much???
  15. ARCHIVED-Paddyo Guest

When ROK was in BETA, we knew that there were going to be tradeskill recipes designed around the 3 factions. When ROK went live, Provisioners had recipes, although available at 10k. So if you have a lower level adventurer/high level tradeskill/epic tradeskiller who doesnt have 10k faction already with all 3 factions just waiting on Domino to Deliver (I crack msyelf up) then, shame on you for slacking! granted...you'd still have some tradeskill writ grinding to do, but you wouldnt be looking at quite so many!
    Having said that....I tried the grind on my provisioner, he was 50 I think when ROK went live....and just couldn't stand it. All my other tradeskillers are high enough adventure wise to get their faction that way. After epics came out, rather than grind tradeskill writs I decided to level Wokker rather than grind writs, I hate them so much, and burned all the vitality and went 54 to 60 in a day last week HOPING that a 60 could group with an 80 and I could soak some faction that way (25% of 80 is 60....so the logic was right from past experience) but found out I need to be 65. So I'm almost 61 and gonna grind to 65 rather than slave under the thumb of cold blooded creatures.
    Maybe, just maybe....someone might consider adding a little guild status to the kunark faction grind? Doesn't need to be alot...and I'm probably being greedy but if I could pick up some status while grinding the factions I'd feel better about the time I'm spending.
    KUDOS AGAIN, DOMINO!! If the feds break down my door anytime soon, I promise the bulletin board and pictures and such is NOT STALKING, just admiration!
  16. ARCHIVED-Barbai Guest

Stuff looks interesting any word on what kind of stats the chain armorer can make? Write up said it did all the base stats but didn't give the numbers.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kanesh_The_Mad Guest

Yay for Sage! lol...

I'm wondering what status goes up from thh Work Order Minion, if any other than personal. Think you'll gain status with a city-specific TS society?
  18. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

Kanesh_The_Mad wrote:
    I would "assume" it would be the same as any other TS writ. Meaning that if you do a TS writ in qeynos and your hometown is Kelethin you get Tunare page faction.
  19. ARCHIVED-Lasai Guest

So, provies get yet another set of recipes. Two of them for charm slot, non temporary items.
    And Weaponsmiths continue to get shafted and ignored. They get the equivalent of provie infusions... thanks for nothing.
    From what I read, Weaponsmiths are the sole class given only temporary recipes, and the sole class given NO recipes for the Essense.
    To paraphrase Den Mom, Weaponsmiths make, ya know, Weapons.
    It is APPALLING to see the continued, callous, thoughtless disregard for this profession.
    I am beyond words. In my worst case scenario, I did not imagine that yet again, Weaponsmiths would be treated this way.
  20. ARCHIVED-Liljna Guest

Lasai wrote:
    Perhaps my mind is playing tricks on me again, but I seem to remember a lot of weaponsmiths wishing for consumables since they only had permanent attuneable items and comsumeables could help with their sales.

If I remember correctly, this could be the reasoning for the consumable recipes for the weaponsmith.