Grouping questions and basics

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Manapua, May 19, 2022.

1. Manapua New Member

Hello folks,

Please excuse my ignorance or stupid questions but I am trying to get an understanding of grouping functions in EQ2. Could someone please give me an answer to the following questions?
    1. Does exp per kill go down with each additional party member with the expectation that the more people in the group, the more exp over time to make up the difference? Is there a sweet spot between solo and full group or is it better to just max out the group?
    2. How does loot work in a group? Does a chest drop and the group rolls on the chest or each item in the chest or something different?
    3. How are quest drops handled? Does everyone get credit for a quest item or does the group "roll" on it? If the entire group must collect 10x "gizmo" doesn't that make it much more hassle than the time spent collecting is worth?
    4. Can group members share a quest or must everyone manually trigger the quest solo first?
    Thank you for your answers or any other thoughts you might have for grouping as a Newbie.
    Manapua
  2. Beneeto Member

No XP penalties for more members. It's better to max out the group.

Chests can drop, and corpse are also directly lootable. Your group leader can configure which type of loot system to use, either standard Lotto (diceroll for each member), Need before Greed (Lotto that skips any members who pick GREED if anyone picks NEED, and only rolls the lotto for the NEED pickers; rolls a lotto for GREED members if nobody selects NEED), Free for All (whoever loots first gets it, no Lotto), and Leader Only (leader manually assigns loot to each member, generally only used for Raids). Rolls are done for each item in the chest/corpse. Any member can also Decline, to opt out of lotto. Group leaders can set Lotto to only run for items of a certain rarity tier (i.e. Treasured+), in which case anything below that is randomly distributed Round-robin style.

Remind your group leader to set loot every time you form a group, because it defaults to Free for All, meaning whoever clicks the corpse/chest the fastest gets all of the items (usually the Scout, since they have to click the chest first to Disarm it).

It depends on the quest. Most quests are groupwide updates. Some are only 1 update per drop, meaning if everyone in the group needs 1 update, you will have to kill that update mob 6 separate times. Thankfully, those sorts of quests are pretty rare; unfortunately, some of the most important questlines in the game (Peacock, Claymore, Soulfire, etc) have some quests with updates like this.

Most quests can be shared. Active and completed quests both have a "Share" button in the journal when highlighted. Quests that drop from items looted generally can't be shared. If a quest has a prerequisite (i.e., certain level, previous quest, required language / faction, etc), then any members that don't have those prerequisites will not be offered it when sharing; however, you can still share it, and those who DO meet the prereqs will be able to accept it.