Group comp

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Pokaface, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Pokaface New Member

My brother and I recently got into this game and decided to play a Necro and conj together. We both made 2nd accounts to make alts to play with the mains when the other person isn’t online and just to mess around together as a 4ish person group. I’m wondering what are some of the most optimal picks and/or most fun secondary chars we should make to play with. I currently have a Necro and an inquisitor on the same account and was debating on transferring the inquis to the 2nd account. I also have an almost max illusionist, fury and defiler on the 2nd account. He has a conj and paladin on main account, fury and mystic on 2nd account. We basically played Necro/conj to max at first then made illy/inq/paladin/fury to just mess around but with the new expansion coming we want to just focus on 2 chars each. Which combo do you think would be best with the Necro/conj as the primary chars?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!
    (We are pretty casual atm also, haven’t looked for guilds to raid with or anything so we will mostly just being doing quest and whatever else we can do together)
  2. Spiritus Praeteriti Member

If you're just looking to have fun casually with your duo, a Paladin would actually lend itself really well to the comp, as Amends transfers threat from one generator and uses it for the Paladin to hold aggro, so all those AOEs you're doing on either the necro or the conj will also serve as taunts for the Paladin.

You really just 'need' a tank and healer. A Brig is a fun non-traditional tank in group content with all of their stuns, but Scouts are going to require a lot more micromanagement and button mashing than a Paladin will to hold aggro and tank. I would stay away from Monks as they generate most of their threat from autoattack procs, and unless you have a bunch of AE auto to proc that with; your summoners will grab AOE aggro quickly.

I always suggest healers based on the tank, they're pretty synchronous with one another. A Cleric trying to use reactives on a dodgy Brawler doesn't work as well as it does having a Shaman to debuff and ward the hits that do land, or a Druid to quickly recover the HP over a few seconds and not have any other conditions need to be met.