Grotesque Splatter in Warpwood Cairn (solo)

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Daryx, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Daryx Well-Known Member

I've had a couple characters get one-shotted repeatedly by Oororr the Corrupted's Grotesque Splatter (that's the ooze "mass of corpses" at the pond). I haven't figured out why it happens. Sometimes it occured within the first couple seconds of the fight, and sometimes around 50%. The adds weren't always up when it happened either (more often not up). The first couple times I ran this with no problems with the encounter.

I haven't been able to find anything on the buffs the mob has, nor seen a detriment on the character when it occurs but of course it's easy to not be able to look at every buff/detriment in the midst of the battle before you wipe.

I tried fighting in the water and on the land. The best option seems to be on the land but has anyone been able to tell for sure what causes it? It's hitting for 165217505700 damage and similar huge amounts, so I'd say I'm doing something to trigger a fail condition but can't tell what.
    Twyla and Roxtar like this.
  2. Roxtar Member

3. Roxtar Member

[/quote]I tried fighting in the water and on the land. The best option seems to be on the land but has anyone been able to tell for sure what causes it? It's hitting for 165217505700 damage and similar huge amounts, so I'd say I'm doing something to trigger a fail condition but can't tell what.[/quote]

I wiped to this mob several times also. I can't find a buff that triggers grotesque splatter either. After about 5 times wiping to it i restrained my pet and it was smooth sailing. might just be a coincidence however I will keep testing this until it proves me wrong.
    Twyla and Daryx like this.
  4. Daryx Well-Known Member

I've had some duos who haven't had a problem, others that get hit two or three times in one run. Were you in the water, or on the land? The last time I ran it on the land but it was the first duo I ran it with who have not had problem ever, and they were in the water the first time for sure.
    Twyla likes this.