Grotesque Hammer of Wyrmlords/Grotesque Swifthammer delay

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Nindakin, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Nindakin Member

Could the delay of \aITEM 560472350 652429695:Grotesque Hammer of Wyrmlords\/a and/or \aITEM -808888684 64759247:Grotesque Swifthammer\/a be changed to 6s?

I can understand including non-standard delays, but it should be in addition to, not the exclusion of, standard delays. In this case, these are the only two 2 handers that exist at this stat level, which is rather annoying as a priest as a 2s delay is pretty much unusable. While there are a number of standard delay 2 handers from the laboratory of mutation crate, they are very rare and don't replace the need for a commonly dropped weapon. Alternatively a standard delay 2 hander could be added somewhere to the temple of veeshan loot tables.
    Daalilama likes this.
  2. Gaealiege Active Member

Nindakin is spot on here. Why are both of the ToV 2-handers the same delay? One can remain 2 seconds, but the other needs to be 6 seconds.
  3. Malleria Well-Known Member

8 second please!
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

I prefer 6s ;) but either way, 2 2s weapons is just silly.
  5. Luanne Active Member

I prefer 7-8s on 2 handers, 6 is a little low. 2s is absolutely ridiculous, it's that way on the PVP weapons also. the 1 handers are 6s and 2h are 2s, must be a bug/mistake. The dread 2h is 6s though but all the rest are 2s.
    Last expac it was 7s, and I got used to the rotation on that.. /shrug
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Unless they were 1h's then I could dual wield them :)

Really though I am in agreement that while the Itemization is taking a good turn, there needs to be more variety in drops. I understand why they made the Crate System and it is quite effective in getting players to run zones more. Problems arise with 60% of the loot table is Cloak/Belt.

To this day I still say SF was a prime example of good itemization.

Sundered Quests led into Stonebrunt Quests which then you were fully geared to tackle The Hole. After that you could easially start running Erudin and Vasty before finally attempting The Vigilant. Clear progression and the Weekly/Dailies had players in Vigilant/Raid Armor running The Hole still. The "Rare Jewelry" which in ToV is the proc-stuff dropped from Uncommon Spawn Named and even then were not guaranteed.

ToV is a good step in the right direction for EQ2, broad Solo content, pretty strong Heroic, albeit a very tiny loot table and Accursed Sanctum I would say is properly scaled. The strong guilds are clearing it while the others are working through progression meaning there is Raiding for both types of players, the "hardcore" and the "casual" and I still dislike those terms.
  7. Gaealiege Active Member

These two handers still need addressed! Both are still 2 second delay weapons!
  8. Gaealiege Active Member

Kander...Xelgad. One of you guys please have a look at this. Both weapons from the Grotesque named in Vuulak's Dominion are 2 second delays. One of them needs to be a higher delay to be viable for 2-hander specced individuals. Relying on a very low chance to get a 2-hander with reasonable delay out of the crate is simply silly.
  9. Dantel New Member

They should stay the same they are amazing. And no I'm not being sarcastic.
  10. Archon Servitore New Member

Something does need changed I've tried 2 and 4 second delay 2handers on my inq and they are horrible. 6-8 would be the way to go and the only 6 seconds that I know of are the rare drop from the crate and the Nexus solo. I feel we need to have a better variety of 6-8 sec delays
  11. Dantel New Member

Swap them in for VC's. That's their use. The serve no meaningful purpose for me other than to fuel high vc parses.
  12. Caith Developer

The 2 second delay on some weapons is intended.
  13. Mae- Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that isn't the only complaint here. It's that both of them drop from the same mob. Split them up. Having off-delay weapon options is fine, but putting two of them on the same mob is not cool. Give us a TOV 2h that isn't 2 sec!
  14. Caith Developer

We'll take a look and see what we can do.
  15. Nindakin Member

Exactly. Having 2s delay weapons is fine, the problem is that there isn't a 6s delay 2 hander at this stat level period, just two 2s delay options, so either at least one them should be changed or a 6s delay option should be added.
  16. Caith Developer

We'll be adding a couple of 6 second two handed to that boss in the next hotfix.
    Mae- likes this.
  17. Skream Member

I hope they didn't nerf the last boss too much, that would be disappointing.

It would be nice to see some unique effects on those weapons, at least 1 decent weapon per archtype or similar
  18. Gaealiege Active Member

Thank you for looking into and fixing this, Caith.
  19. Ranga Active Member

Thanks for the replies but if the 2.0 secs are intended it would be nice to know what for. I tried two of the 2 sec scout weps on a dummy the other day and just lol.
  20. Luanne Active Member

Yea what's the point of a 2s weapon? are you going to make auto attacks go off while casting other abilities/combat arts? If so then a 2s weapon could be viable.
    Prrasha likes this.