grinding out level 89/90

Discussion in 'General Mage Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-quorthon, Apr 28, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-quorthon Guest

Hi currently 88 (and a bit) necro.
    Have finished the solo quest lines , but am still nearly 2 levels from 90.
    Before I start mindlesslly "grinding" XP, any advice on a good faction to work on for gear or whatever that would soften the boredom?
    Cheers for any advice.
  2. ARCHIVED-Arkinon Guest

Quickest way for solo gring is deepwater pavilion. You have a repetable there that makes you only kill 6 creatures and the the turn-in. Pot a xp potion and it will only take a few hours to get your lvl. Although the faction loot isnt as good here in my opinion.

The other place for faction as well as xp is the panda floating island thing also in stonebrunt highlands. The faction rewards I think are better here but the faction grind is 10 kills per quest turn-in and are a little more spread out.
  3. ARCHIVED-Griffinhart Guest

My wizard did the 89 to 90 grind at the Eye of El'Arad in Stonebrunt. Popped an EXP potion and killed non-stop. 45 minutes later and I was 90. Just play nice and leave the quest npc up for folks working the solo quests. :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Alienor Guest

You could also try to get faction with the Hole guys (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=477906)
    Additionally, there are new questlines with GU56:
    STONEBRUNT HIGHLANDS
    • Many new quests have been added to the Stonebrunt Highlands! Seek out Sous Chef Jailaya in Moonfield Hamlet, Damodar in the Mausoleum of Scholars and Felidael in the Kejek encampment.
  5. ARCHIVED-Draagun Guest

could do it in BG.. i did 87-90 there
  6. ARCHIVED-MackGee Guest

Funny I was in the same situation as yourself at lv88 (necro). What I did was head down into The Hole (contested) and went down the hallway towards the direction of Outer vault (if your facing the Gruengach Camp when you run into zone it's the tunnel on your right). One you get pass the mobs in the tunnel there's a nice little camp in the opening of the tunnel with many lv 90-91 ^^^ mobs floating about in the room (they are aggro, but non-social). I can't recall what the mobs are called, but they are blue floating orbs with lightening around them. I used my tank pet to pull, and watched my aggro during the fight, but each kill would land me about 4% xp (6% with a xp pot). The fights kept me on my toes cuz they are 90-91 ^^^ heroics, but these kinds of fights are what separates us necros from most other classes are being the "king of soloing". Of course tainted heals is a must, and you'll have to watch your aggro, but I leveled quite fast from 88 to 90 sitting in this one spot.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mosha D'Khan Guest

MackGee wrote:
    sorry could not read it, and it only makes you kings of solo for the mages = )