Grey mobs are freezing

Discussion in 'Performance Support' started by ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat, May 24, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Drakah Guest

I too have been noticing this myself recently and I have /bug'd the mobs that I have found that do not animate when you are up close.
    So, to the Dev, look up the Bug reports by me within the past few days and you can goto the exact locations to the mobs.
    Here is what I know though...
    I have tried a clean INI file at minimal settings - same thing.
    I have tried a clean INI file at OMG Super duper uber settings - same thing.
    1) Not all grey mobs freeze
    2) Mobs that are have a stationary stance will freeze
    3) Mobs that have a stationary stance, but has a scripted animation, will not freeze
    4) Some mobs that have a walking animation can freeze... (ex: iksar skeletons in Karnor's)
    5) I have seen this freezing on mobs such as Aviaks, Kobolds, Drovlargs, and many others.
  2. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

I have seen it every time I have entered shard of love at 80, unmentored, and run up to the right side towards the drakes.
  3. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Morghus wrote:
    Doesnt shard of love scale with you, preventing grey mobs?
  4. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

I think the main cause of this is lag honestly. Server side and your own. So it might be less noticable off-peak hours and sometimes not at all. Every update we push out optimizes things a little more each time so this might help alleviate it too. I've tried really old PC's on dialup and still couldn't reproduce it, however. :(
  5. ARCHIVED-Drakah Guest

I dont understand at all that you cannot reproduce it.
    Send me a tell in game, on the Guk server, to Drakah, and goto me, Ill give you a tour.
  6. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Drakah wrote:
    You can petition a GM and ask them but I'm not in-game support :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Drakah Guest

8. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

I doubt this is related to lag, or we would see this in other games as well.

Couldn't it be related to missing "scared" animations on certain mobs, or mobs that try to load the wrong animation?

House pets can also get stiff animations if you make them stay, and then wake up. Then the animation totally freezes.

Did you try doing this in the tower of the drafling? The bees at the start always seem to freeze.
  9. ARCHIVED-Drakah Guest

Josh, did you see the video I posted?
  10. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

I did and I managed to get a few mobs to freeze on me too. I was trying many suggested before with no luck. For instance, I went to Kunzar Jungle and the roamers are all fine. The stationary fixed spawns seem problematic. Roaming highland gorilla's are fine for me but the ones sitting up freeze when I get close. But the jungle quatcha's, stationary or not they don't freeze on me.
  11. ARCHIVED-Drakah Guest

Right...
    Any non-roaming mobs, freeze.
    Any walking type mobs do not.
  12. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Except the Jungle Quatcha's, stationary or not, didn't freeze for me. Think you missed that part ;)
    Reporting the ones I can reproduce.
  13. ARCHIVED-tkia Guest

I've only ever seen the problem with static placed mobs - if they path they don't freeze. I haven't been able to find any non grey mobs that are doing it currently but I know I've seen it happen on non agro greens previously. One place it seems to be guaranteed to happen for me is with the fairies at the back of Rivervale. The groups static around the trees do it every time.
  14. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

I'll make sure these all get re-reported and emphasized.
  15. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Yes, and I might add that the freezing can sometimes happen for the "same" mobs but in different areas.

Like a skeleton standing still in Thundering Steppes might not freeze, but a skeleton standing still in Commonlands might even if they use the same model. It is rare that this happens, but it may. (These locations don't freeze afaik, it was just used as an example.)

Is this a result of missing "scared" animations?

Edit: And also please look into the house pet animation freeze. When you tell them to "stay" and "wake up". This causes animation freeze as well as I noted. Has anyone else experienced this too?

Edit 2: Oh, and did you (Josh) try the bees in The Drafling Tower? They freeze there too, and it is noticable at the entrance room the most.
  16. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Another place I have encountered freezing mobs at is in Rivervale.

I managed to get a zombie freezing near where the nightbloods and lamia's are. I think it was a zombie pet for a lamia.
  17. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

I haven't been to the draffling tower yet but I'll definitely make a stop there and all over now.
  18. ARCHIVED-Drakah Guest

remember to check my bug reports for the mobs I found which will give you the mob name and location to make it easier.
  19. ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM Guest

Drakah wrote:
    I don't get to see the bug reports, those go straight to development.
  20. ARCHIVED-Drakah Guest

I will see what I can do over the next few days to gather mob names & locations got you to goto to, it would be a very long list though I am afraid.
    I remember this happening long ago too with those ghostly fairylike mobs...If I remmeber right, there were 2 next to each other, very very huge, one was white and the other was blue...cant remember where though...but when you got close to them, they would not animate their wings or floating animation thing...hard to explain.
    In any rate, I will see what I can come up with if it will make it easier, though I am sure its global via stance/animation and not specific mob related.