Green adornments - still leveling insanely slow

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lesmenil, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Lesmenil New Member

Anyone have a green adornment like "Nexus of Frost" (raid loot), who can give me any advice or does have different experiences?

It claims by SOE that green adorns level up when damage is taken. Now, I have this on my coercer and I do get the "gains power" message when killing mobs, but the green adornment is leveling up waaaay to slow!

It took me 3 weeks of soloing, grouping and raiding in the new zones to get it from 0% to 14%!
    Seriously. This is insane for an item I have to switch out for a better one after a while, starting to raise the new one THAT slow, too.

Does anyone know, wether this is really intended or do the devs have a look into it?
  2. Hachi Member

As I understand, it's intended.
  3. Mohee Active Member

I threw my adornments away that level based on the damage you take. Because after many weeks of main tanking on raids, you'll still be barely into your first level. So unless you want to keep them in, maybe after a year or two they'll be max level. At which point the next expansion will be out and make them completely obsolete :D
  4. Ogdinmar Active Member

The only green adorns that level 'insanly slow" are the ones that require something other than a specific kill like ethernere creatures or xp. the xp required adorns are like leveing a character kill things worth more xp and they will level faster. Raids are the worst spot to level a green adorn for xp because your kill rate and mob quantity is low. Go kill in dungeons and open zones and it will level simply because your killing lots mobs worth good xp at a fast rate = faster leveling.
  5. olleran Active Member

The refined and prime crafted green adorns level insanely slowly . This to me is the main problem, the disparity at which green adorn level up .
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

There has been a Dev post that this issue is being looked into. Damage taken adorns have extremely high amounts of XP to level but sadly they are not earning it properly. They are leveling a small amount per fight in which you took damage only on the enemies death. This is however backwards from what we as players expect when we read "This levels as you take damage!"
  7. Koleg Active Member

I was foolish enough to put a green raid adornment in a piece of raid gear and now after weeks of farming (taking huge amounts of damage taken from even huger amounts of mobs) the thing is up to a whopping 75% of the first level. All the other Greens are between level 9 or 10.

The problem is SOE Dev's will eventually fix the level rate of the raid Greenies and unless I loot another one sometime soon, I'd rather not overwrite it as I would really like to keep both the Greenie and the piece of raid gear its sitting on. So in the future I'll be placing all Green adornemnts on a piece of 'HOST' gear that I don't care about destroying when I get the adornment leveled up.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

You make soul-stones sound like parasites Koleg. Thanks for the smile you have brought me :).
    Arcturys likes this.
  9. Humakt Member

I agree that some of the adorns are taking a long time to level, while the basic Ethernere ones can be maxed in a day or two
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

Found it here is a post I made on another Green-Adorn thread perhaps this will help.

Agreed the most XP I gained was on Glokus Windhelm I was gaining XP whenever the music box was destroyed and only when it was killed did I see an update meaning I am gaining exponentially diminished amounts of XP from what would be expected by a player. To iterate here is a simple example using imaginary numbers.

I have 2 green adornments one gains levels by slaying creatures of Etherenere the other by taking damage. To level these adornments I need the following.
    Slayer Adorn: 100,000 Ethernere creatures slain.
    Damage Taken Adorn: 1,000,000,000,000,000 damage taken.

Realistically on some raid fights I take millions of damage so it would be understandable for a Tank-Adornment to require such a high number, but if I only gain 450 xp whenever an enemy dies regardless of how much damage I took then I get 1% per 3 days of solid zone running. These numbers are all completely made up but just to get the idea across.