Great Fun & Good Solo Pet Class?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by JapanimeJunkie, Jan 18, 2018.

1. JapanimeJunkie New Member

I have been a long time mmorpg player. started on EQOA then moved to EQ1 then have been playing WoW since 2005. I am really just tired of WoW and miss the better days. I would go back to EQ1 again but I will never have the same memories or friends I had then. So I am here on EQ2 and loving every bit of it so far. Anyway, I really love pet classes in every game that offers them. Here I would like one that isnt too difficult to get really good with, is awesome fun, and is pretty decent at soloing just about everything that comes my way. I want to focus really on PvE, Dungeons, Qsts, Grinding, and later on raiding. I have been playing a bit on Necromancer, but before I get too far I would just like to hear some opinions from the community that's been here a while and played them all.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. luxxxaeterna Member

Necro, Conj, Beastlord - they are all pet classes.I have soloed with each one of them without a merc.Everyone of them is easy to undestand atleast at the level of soloing and questing.
    Soara2 and Finora like this.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

MY personal favorite of the three is beastlord, but in general I prefer melee over spell casting so that likely has an influence on my preference.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

Necros solo the best as you level, because of the self-heals and are easy to play; no merc required. Beastlords you can also heal yourself, but they take a lot of work to master (contrary to a prior post; there's a lot of timing involved, training warders, finding the best warders for the situation, etc.). Conjy's are great at end game, but I found they're not as easy to solo as you level up until you get your AAs in Transference and various pet heals. Illusionist and Coercers are also pet classes, but are not as easy to play as a Necro or Conjy w/AAs.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Steelviper Active Member

Easiest (and most survivable imo) is indeed Necromancer, been playing mine for many years as almost only main though, so I can't claim to know that much about Conjuror or Beastlord. For getting in without knowing any classes, Necro is the easy choice.
    Soara2 likes this.