Graphics in AoM outside zones became double a couple weeks ago

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Balcerak, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I have two GTX 980 video cards in SLI. Everything in AoM had looked fine since it launched. A couple weeks ago I noticed that some of the graphics in Tranquil Sea and Phantom Sea looked strange. From a distance, the coastlines look like two graphics stacked on top of each other with about a meter or so separation. This causes shallow areas to become islands until I get closer, then they shrink and turn into water.

Also, the 'shoot the seagulls' mini-quest shows the seagulls doubled with one flying about a foot below the other. I've done all the normal things. Updated video driver. Tried turning g-sync on and off, changed resolution and all of the other game settings for graphics, changed from windowed to full screen, did a full file scan, copied .ini files off to the side and tried fresh ones. Nothing helps. It isn't a game breaker, just odd and annoying.

If I go to older zones I don't have this issue, just AoM outdoor zones and it only started a few weeks back.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

3. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Similar Beee, thanks for the link. But I already had the settings you suggested for that issue set as you had suggested.

I'm not seeing nearly as dramatic of a problem as most of the posters in that thread. I'm seeing the ghosting on certain creatures, the seagulls for some reason are the most affected and are doubled vertically. And I'm seeing some vertical offset of the outdoors terrain.

I'll move some of those settings around a little. Maybe some combination will improve things!
  4. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Aha! I had letterboxing all the way left and hadn't tried making any changes to it since this issue started to happen since I'd turned it off years ago. I played with that and saw how awful it got if I moved it even a little bit to the right, but then when I put it back all the way left my issues went away! Maybe something got corrupted somehow and just playing with it got it back to normal.

Thanks for the helpful tip Beee.
    Beee likes this.