Graphics card problem

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Cloudrat, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Screen goes black then I see this;
  2. Spindle Well-Known Member

Are you playing on a net/notebook with shared video RAM? I get that every now and again when I play on the netbook.
  3. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

^^^ yes, and what are your system specs?
  4. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

5. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

It seems to happen when I am in guildhall. A friend told me she can not log into my guildhall without dropping to character select during the process.
  6. Foretold Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen constantly with my laptop that was 3 years old. It was a top of the line ASUS gamer at the time I purchased it, but after all that time the video card began to fail. After repeated recoveries, I'd turn down the game display one level below where it was, and then it would be fine for a while. Eventually, I had the display turned down as far as it could go, and when it started happening again, I had to buy a new computer :S Now, it never happens. Hopefully you're running a desktop (that's a desktop video card if I'm not mistaken) so it should be pretty easy to replace the video card if it gets to that point.
  7. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Have you tried current drivers? That quoted version is nearly a year old, and I have to assume they've updated the 500 series drivers since then... (Though I can't prove it, nvidia's web site is being persnickety)
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If it gets to that sort of point, maybe there isn't something wrong with your equipment...why should the requirements keep creeping up and creeping up on the sly, apparently (I know the feeling, but not all of us can afford to get a new computer as often as they seem to want us to)? Are the current requirements for a new player just coming into the game that much higher than they were when us 7-year vets (actually, I had 90 days of help from the expansions way back when) first came in? :-/

Uwk
  9. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Going to need more info. Please submit a support ticket with both your Dxdiag and Msinfo in order for us to further assist you.
  10. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

a great big duh lol i upgraded driver went high performance and everything seems fine now:) thanks:)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Lamatu Active Member

I just wanted to say I also use a GTX 560 and have no problems in guild halls on high quality although I only get 20-30 frames in there but no lag or crashes.

If you have to use the high performance setting because of crashing it may be something else with your computer.
  12. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Lol glad it was just the drivers needing to be updated. Please let us know if you have any more issues!
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, Cloud, were you on Win7 or 8? We're thinking seriously about upgrading (only getting single digit FPS anywhere but in my own houses and similarly small instances, and that on Very High Performance/Custom for mirrors and personal torch), but want to know which one's better for the purpose. Your screen shot didn't look like WinXP... ;->

Uwk
  14. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

High performance was moving up from extreme, I don't have to go there I just prefer it. I don't have to custom it getting rid of weeds and things that hide shinies and my tiny toons and shadows that darken things etc. It is a hangover from the olden days of having to turn them down to raid, When I play I prefer to pick one outfit , one mount and one graphic display to use for my entire session since those things seem to be mechanics that break the immersion for me:) I get 60-80 fps. and my only display issues were (not now) in full T1 goodie guildhalls.